My prayers have been answered!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by TheArgentineSG, Jan 21, 2009.

1. So some of you might recognize me as the guy that keeps bitching that he has no weed at college cause his college sucks. We'll my prayers have finally been answered!

Yesterday a buddy of mine who transferred out of here last semester came to visit. He was about to hop on a plane to visit his home in Texas and guess what he had in his car willing to give me...

A 2 week old sprout! It's already about 6 inches up with 8 little leaves. This will be my first grow. He already explained to me all the immediate things i need to do. (lol, it's in a coke can so i need to transplant it and use the right soil). I'm gunna curtain off a corner under my like 4 foot high bed, strap a grow light under there, and wait till it grows enough to start smelling. Then I might have to move it to my house about 1/2 hour away. I'm so psyched.

I'll take some pictures once the setup is all made. Wish me luck.

2. are you growing in a dorm? bad idea man. if you get caught growing, you can be kicked out of the school just like that. and plus the administration doesnt realy need any reason to search you (atleast with some colleges) so they could just go into your room and search the place.

3. I know. I thought about it and decided I'm not keeping it here any longer than I need to. I'm gunna transplant it into a bigger pot, then once I know it's healthy I'm moving it to my house. I'll find a way to automatically water it since I can only go there like once a week.

4. Has anyone else ever done a dorm grow. Even for just part of the plant's life?

5. I can smell a new story:

"Got busted growing in dorm!"

6. ive done a dorm grow. i kept it under my bed behind a dresser. i had only 2 lights behind the dresser (i had about a 1 1/2 foot space for the plant). my roommate was cool with it as long as not much light came out at night. so for the light problem, i just put a towel behind the dresser to block off the light, and a hung a white shower curtain (it was new and i found it sitting on a table in my hall) from atop my bed to prevent the light from coming over the dresser. and on the left side i shoved a suitcase (pretty big one) to seal off as much light. and on the right side was the wall.

i strongly suggest that you dont tell alot of people about it cas once you get on bad terms with someone, they might rat you out.

right now the plant is sitting in my friends house back home...flowering. it should be ready to harvest by the end of march early april. then dry for a week and cure for 2 weeks...i timed this just for 4/20 =]

7. Ha x2.

If you can pull it off, by all means. Just be super careful. It wouldn't be worth getting kicked out of college.

8. Yup. I have a rig set up under my bed now with a good 50 watt gro light. No light gets out from the corner under my bed. Anyone who knew about it (which was close friends plus room mate) i convinced that I brought it home. I'll tell my room mate if he notices.

I'm not gunna keep it long enough to be really really risky. Once it starts really looking like a pot plant it should be pretty strong and self sufficient so ill be able to leave it at home under the light while it grows. I wont be able to water it for a couple days at a time but it will be strong enouhg by then.