My pot always smells like hay

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by talos4, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Well, I do a great job growing and a bad job curing. I can't get it right. My last grow, I hang dried for about 8 days, then put in mason jars. I've opened jars every day for a week now. The bud seems bone dry, no sign of moisture. But the bud smells like straw. What gives? Bud was more than dry enough to smoke when I put in jars, bud doesn't seem to be able to get any dryer, how do I get it to smell better?

2. smoke it if its good who cares what it smells like and if it smells like hay lucky you no one will smell the hay smell and be have you been smoking or are you in posession of any illegal substances so yeah lucky you if it smokes and the high is good who cares about smell

3. more than likely just the type of chronic you have, ive had that once of twice back in the day, i remember having hay smelling weed that had about 5grams of red hair on the bottom of the bag (from a 100g bag) but it was great dope so, fuck it man smoke the hay! :D

4. Its more likely that you overdried it, you can put a orange peel in your jars for about 4 - 8 hours it so that it will properly cure and smell like more like ganja.

5. Hey i have that same problem right now with my buds. I clipped some off early and it just finished drying and it kinda has a wierd smell to it like hay also. I figured it was because i picked the bud before i flushed the plants so that it was from all the chemicals and what not. But im not sure ill have to find out in a week and a half when the plants are done. Did you flush your plants before harvest??

6. You growin beasters? that shit smells like hay to me all the time lol

7. the longer you cure, the better the scent. i'll bet that if you break open a nugget to pack or roll, it smells dank. does it taste like hay as well? grow some white widow, that shit smells bomb when cured right.

8. This stuff seems dry and ya it tastes not too great either, but not bad, and it does get you high. I never heard the orange peel thing, gonna try it

9. send it to me ill dry it and cure it

and smoke it

haha jokin jokin

its probabbly overdried jus smoke dat shit man see what the high is like .. if it gets you high who gives a fuck ?

10. cure it longer. it can take a couple of weeks to get rid of the hay smell sometimes.

11. Try hang drying for 5 days only, with no fans blowing on the buds then cure. 8 days seems too long to me and the buds might be too dry, you do need a very small amount of moisiture to cure.

12. Why is there such a disreguard for punctuation??

13. :D er :D Why is there such disreGUARD for SPELLING sir!!!! :D

Actually some people really are so bad at both spelling and punctuation it's hard work reading posts but hey that's the internet for you ;)

14. Next time you might wanna try just cutting off the bud branches and hanging those. Pre trim by taking off all the big fan leaves and also trim down your bud leaves but leave em a little longer than you think your gonna need you can always go back later. As they dry they kind of try and stick to the stem I bend them out so they are sticking out horizontally ( I find this makes em more "nuggy") except for big tops if it can hold the whole stem inside I let them do their thing. Depending on temp and humidity hang em for a few days like 3 or 4 (again subject to variables like quanitity in the room, temp, humidity, are fresh ones being added in, how close are they to each other etc...) until when you feel them they are totally "crunchy" if you squeeze it shouldnt be squishy in the center either. You'll think they are bone dry but then throw em in the old brown paper grocery bag. Maybe a few big double handfuls in each bag dont overdo it about the bottom third of the big (can you go more yes can you go half the bag yes but you damned well better be moving that shit alot and opening the bag often) Fold th top of the bag once or twice and voila check it once or twice per day. Open the bag and move them around with your hands gently mixing them if they feel like they are sweating too fast open the bag for a little while. After a couple to a few more days they should be just fine. I do remember there were a couple of scentless strains floating around out there a while back but they actually didnt have any smell at all when done not like hay or straw. Yeah if it gets you high then who cares but then again BOUQUET IS IMPORTANT. I think you said the stuff kind of tastes like straw too and who wants that your going to all the trouble of being involved with this hobby/lifestyle because your an enthusiast and you want the best so who the hell wants to smoke straw dont settle keep working at it.

HAPPY FO TWENTY
    Drivin the fo tee
    drinkin a fo tee
    rain dog ridin nav
    highway schooner
    at my command