My political cartoon, life in hell.

Discussion in 'General' started by stenod, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. no offense if anyone is muslim or something,

2. Just because you say \"no offense\" doesn\'t make it magically less bigoted.

3. its a joke nothing more
    what is \'bigoted\' about it

4. It insinuates that the tenants of fundamentalist Islam (and by proxy the practitioners) are wrong, and and the Christian doctrines are right. (or any number of religious branches which depict a fiery afterlife consistent with hell).

In the purest sense:

You obviously have a strong prejudice and intolerant towards religion to the point that you believe your religion is somehow more valid and somehow more righteous.

Now, before any storms around in a tantrum I am well aware that Saddam was far from even a devout Muslim.

To me, this cartoon reflects North American intolerance and racism towards people of Arabic decent and it holds strong and disturbing connotations of cultural ignorance.

Furthermore, it\'s almost hypocritical, because it shows a complimentary lack of human empathy.

I believe that everybody deserves respect in death, no matter how they lead their lives.

My opinion.

EDIT: p.s. -- I wouldn\'t plan to become a cartoonist any time in the near future.

5. ....I thougt it was funny.

6. Well im only bigoted towards muslims who think blowing themselves up and taking out as many others as possibly will get them into heaven. I couldnt care less what religion anyone is as long as that their beliefs dont threaten my way of life.

i dont even believe in a heaven or hell it was merely to illustrate the point.

\"You obviously have a strong prejudice and intolerant towards religion to the point that you believe your religion is somehow more valid and somehow more righteous.\"

that is not true about me at all, they were/are all horrible people and religion had nothing to do with it besides the context of the punch line

\"Furthermore, it\'s almost hypocritical, because it shows a complimentary lack of human empathy.\"

all of these men were mass murderers and it would be correct to say i have no empathy, or more accurately sympathy, for them

oh and lets see your cartoon rasta man.

7. thank you my rep is restored

8. Threads are over once RM has his word in.
    There\'s almost no point in posting after him.

9. why?

too short

10. smh?..

11. Alright. You\'re bigoted -- so we agree.

What point?
    You\'re trying to tell me religion has nothing to do with that cartoon? Please :rolleyes:

That\'s too bad. The cycle continues.

I don\'t draw cartoons. I am well aware I am artistically challenged.

You seem offended. Get out of the fire if you can\'t stand the heat.

12. smh = shaking . my . head .

13. Im not offended, just empasioned.

\"Alright. You\'re bigoted -- so we agree.\"
    so we do

\"To me, this cartoon reflects North American intolerance and racism towards people of Arabic decent and it holds strong and disturbing connotations of cultural ignorance.\"
    but that sounds even more biggoted to me.

\"What point?\"
    That these men are f-ed up and karma will have its ironic way with them.

\"You\'re trying to tell me religion has nothing to do with that cartoon? Please :rolleyes:\"
    Nothing besides the context of the punch line, they are in the figurative hell because of the blood on their hands, not what god they pray too.

\"That\'s too bad. The cycle continues.\"
    I dont even know what that is supposed to mean.

and i suspect that you just enjoy arousing an argument.

14. you guys are taking this cartoon wayyy to seriously. I think its kinda funny.

15. wow. +rep to rasta man for being very wordy... I enjoy it.

@op, why is osama talking about virgins...? This is over my head i guess, haha.

16. I believe he is saying that there will always be another dictator to replace the one who has recently fallen. It\'ll be a continious cycle.

17. Bigoted huh? Yep, this Cartoon is very racist. Hitler, Saddam, and Osama were great guys, what are they doing in hell? :rolleyes:

Rasta_Man, are you a terrorist? Why are you defending them? In what way is this cartoon bigoted? Can you not see the evil that is depicted?

18. In the islamic beliefs when you go to whatever they call their \"heaven\" they get some amount of virgins for dying for their god or something is what I think he was aiming at.

19. *phew* some people can be so touchy

I disagree. The in my experiences of debating issues which involve people of the Arabic culture and/or Islamic faith, there is a almost always a very prominent ignorance. Perhaps I have biased experienced, but I don\'t think it\'s bigotted.

Besides, I\'m a North American, and I consider myself reasonably versed in these beleifs. I\'m sure there are many traditions and concepts I\'m unaware of, but none so far which have hampered my ability to comprehend issues.

Karma is generally incompatible with Hell. Karma is directly related to the concept of Samsara, in which there is no hell. Islam has no concept of Karma.

I suggest you do some research into these faiths if you\'re going to make such claims.
    Figurative hell? What\'s that? The only concept that comes to mind is an allusion to guilt?

Well they are able to kill because they lack empathy for human suffering. You do the same. You\'re only feeding into the same mentality which fuels homicidal actions.

Obviously these individuals have experienced things in there lives that are deeply disturbing, and cause them to harbor such hatred towards whom they label as \'infidels\'. I can scarcely imagine what that must be like, but it must be a very potent factor in their lives if they\'re willing to give their lives inoculate their fear of death to fight it.

We can only begin ending this cycle by understanding it and ensuring it doesn\'t occur. With our countries\' current mentality, we can only hope to win by killing them all. And if trends are at all representative, this is an extremly counter-productive mentality and will only beget more violence and death.

Ergo \"So the cycle continues.\"

I enjoy debate, yes. Keeps the mind sharp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.