My plants need help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by socalgreenthumb, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Two of the seven are drooping over like bad so I tried a little support to keep em up ph level is at 6.8 light 18 inches away what happened? Currently using fox farm ocean blens

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. The two are being supported if not they fall over

Attached Files:

3. I'm a super noob, but my advice would be to get that light closer (about 2 inches away from the top leaves should be good) and transplant those babies. Up to the cotyledons (embryo leaves?) if you got them, up to their necks if they've already fallen off. Roots should start growing on the parts of the stem you have buried. My plants were real long and spindly for a while too and falling over. Once I transplanted them they started growing normal again. Hope that helps a little bit! :)

4. There stretching bad by the looks of it and now they cant support them selves, you can bury the stem down a bit and if you can lower that light, HPS is blue spectrum deficient which can leed to stretchy plants during veg. 

5. Thanks guys I will defiantly move that light a few inches closer and also transplant. Maybe even move the ones who are bent down a bit without damaging the stem or root system

6. You want it more than a few inches closer, about 17" closer man, try to keep the surface of the bulb and the surface of the leaves 1-2" apart

I wouldn't worry about the stems though, just brace them with something to keep them straight. Once the plants are a couple of feet tall you aren't going to care about a few inches of stem. It will thicken out eventually. Keep a fan moving air around them and perhaps get some more light in there if your ventilation can handle it

7. With a 400 watt hps?

8. 2 inches away? hopefully they are using cfl bulbs and not a 1000w HPS

9. @[member="unixhelp"] I don't want to put them to close

10. Oh shit sorry, I assumed they were fluorescents because they are stretching. Stretching doesn't often happen with a 400w hps. You are probably right having it about 18" away. What is the temperature right above the plants? Sometimes high temperatures can make them stretch a bit. Can your ballast run a metal halid bulb? It might be worth buying one if your using an hps in it at the moment

11. #11 lFourTwenty, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
    9-10 inches is good for a 400w...they are definitely stretching for light

And why transplant? That is the last thing you need to do while they are just starting to root..leave them alone and lower the light they will be fine

12. #12 GoldGrower, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
    ^^^ yeah I 100% agree on the transplant idea. At this stage you're just going to damage roots

Have the light as close as you can as long as the plants don't get hotter than about 30'c

13. Oh man thanks ill post a pic here in the next day.

14. They look better.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1