My plants - Need Help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by AloeRuss, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Hi
    I have a situation that I need your help or opinion on asyou guys helped in the past
    I have 11 OG Kush plants in vegetative state that are aboutmonth and a half old (since germination date). I got them as clones so DOB is approximate.

When I brought them in, they were under 600w HPS light (thelowest setting on my ballast). I had 2small fans insight the tent. CO2 was runningfor 15 minutes 8 times a day. Theconstant temperature at the top of the canopy was 77 degrees.
    I water them twice before introducing several nutrients (seethe picture). They looked great. Filled with green, with leaves pointing highup full of life.

This is when I made a mistake. Instead of following “feeding – watering –feeding”schedule, I fed them twice in a row. Atthe same time I moved them closer to the light. They were under 600w about a foot away.
    This is when they became droopy and the leaves becamesomewhat paled.

I stopped feeding them and switched them to watering onlyand just adding some thrive and root nutrient, and move them back away 2 feet.
    So it has been a week since they were only watered withoutfood, sitting under 600w HPS about 2 feet away with CO2 running 15 minutesabout 5 times a day. With about 40percent humidity and constant 77-78 degrees at the top of the canopy. However, they still appear droopy and half-lifepale (see the picture).
    Do you guys have any ideas at what can be wrong and whatelse I can do to bring life back to them?
    Thank you

Attached Files:

2. how often are you watering them a week in those containers?

3. Usualy twice a week, but not until it feels very light as they did before the first watering session

4. they're rootbound, they need a transplant. those plants are way too tall for that little bit of soil.

5. nice to see another LA grower around :wave:

6. Hi :)

There is a lot of us here...
    I was wondering that myself. I was trying to see the roots from the bottom of the pot but couldnt really see much.. They are pretty tall and I will be moving them to a gallon pots this Saturday. Do you think that would be the cause?

7. You know what.. I do not have to wait until Saturday. I will just transplant them tonight. Do you know of any good instructions on transplant steps needed to do a good job? Thanks again

8. Ahh, man! I can't believe I missed that in the photo. HelloLadies is right, it's most likely the size of those tiny pots. Though you should probably lay off the nutes for at least 1-2 weeks after transplant.

Transplanting is pretty easy. The only major thing to keep in mind is that the soil needs to be slighty moist. Not wet or too dry, otherwise the roots can be damaged. The rest is easy if you are being careful and not jerking the thing around.

9. Hi Bong

I just posted a transplant post in form of a question... would you do me a favor and go over it please...

Let me know what you think, mate

10. Even from an in-experienced grower, it seems obvious that the pots are too small. Are you going to finsh them in 1 gal pots? For me and my small tent, 12 liter seems about best. 1 gal might not let enough root growth. Think about bigger pots.
    Good luck with your grow. I now live in Berlin but lived in Venice from 64 until 80. Had a funky little place on a sludge canal and the rent was 65 bucks. All cleaned up now and very beautiful but also very expensive. My Berlin rent is under $500 with heat in a great area but oh so cold in the winter. I have 3lsd and 3vio kuch 7 weeks into flower. Man, already getting frosty! Ciao.

11. Living in Berlin? Been ther twice.. Beautiful city. $500 rent is pretty chee though. Are you in east or west?

For my girls, I moved them into 3 gallon pots and they live and bloom again:)

Ruslan

12. Will you post some update picks when you get a chance?

13. Yes sir... I just need to figure out how to add them to a current, old tread.. So far I was only able to add to the new one.
    Anyway, I will give my girls a hear cut today and then snap a photo. Will get a new tread going if needed, but if you know how to add the pics to the old one, please shot me directions, mate

Thanks