My plants growth is stunted

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Spicyricey, Aug 10, 2018.

1. hey guys, I recently started a northern lights autoflower and it seems like I have stunted its growth. I’m currently using an 600w viparspectra LED. In early veg I was using just the veg switch but recently switched to using both veg and bloom switches after researching online. I have a 440cfm exhaust fan pulling out hot air and 3 passive intakes from the bottom. The temps are high in the pictures because today was a hot day, but they usually sit around 80-85. The plant is in coco with 30% perlite mixed in. I always ph test my water to around 6.5 and add the right amount of nutrients. (you can see what I use in the pictures)I topped the plant 2 days ago and it hasn’t really bounced back yet. Some places tell me not to top autos and some places do. I’ve also started LST to try and get some growth in the bottom branches to even out my canopy. Do you think the LST is too much at this stage of growth? Or should I have waited to top? I haven’t had a problem with topping autos before but those times were outdoors and in soil. Let me know what you think, this plant is around 4 weeks old and hasn’t been growing as fast as I’d like. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated I’m pretty new to growing indoors.

Attached Files:

2. I never lst so not sure on that u have new shoots starting. Maybe ur light closer. Never been a blurple fan. Maybe some one can chime in on the light.
    My summer journal

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

3. Blurples are fine enough to supply vegetative growth.
    That is a large container for that plant so expect slower growth as the roots develop.
    How are your temps?
    The only other precaution is possibly inoculating the media with a helper strain (see hydroguard) but it looks fine in that regard.

4. My temps usually sit around 80-85 they fluctuate up and down throughout the day because my tent is in my garage. I feel like there is something wrong with either my ventilation or my light. I went away for the weekend and left my plant outside while I was gone and it shot up and looked really good by the time I got back. But for some reason it won’t do the same in the tent. I thought I covered everything. I just lowered my light so we’ll see if that helps. Thanks for the input though

5. I just lowered my light so we’ll see if that helps.
    I purchased a Lux meter to determine the optimum light height. It cost me $50 and I use it more than I thought I would.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ooo that’s a good idea I’ll keep that in mind, I’ve been going off the reccommendations on the box and I don’t think their entirely accurate

7. Actually, I’ve researched online and found out this light does wonders for most people with the size tent I have. It’s definatly not the nicest light but it works as far as I’ve heard. It may look dark but it is extremely bright. But I see what you mean a halid light would be nice but I’m trying to keep the spending to a minimum now. It could be the nutrients, ill take a look at Wayne R Butler, I was in a hydroponics store and just bought a basic nutrient setup

8. Thanks your input

9. Please look into Samsung LM301B diodes. These are probably the most efficient full spectrum diode on the market. Many suppliers atm, but you can order 2 or 4 foot strips to build boards (with the right drivers).

10. your ok. autos seem to just take off one day. easy on the nutes also.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thanks, that’s good to hear, I was kind of hoping that was the case, but I didn’t want this to affect the size of my plant or my yield.
    I Appreciate the input

12. No expert here... But from what I have read I believe in coco you should keep your pH somewhere between 5.8 to 6.2 Good luck Friend.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. One way to tell is stick ur hand on the top of the weed. If it is uncomfortable its too close

14. Wrong pH for coco - should be 5.8 to 6.0 going in. Do you feed daily and do you always feed to run off?

15. Ohh reaaally, that would make sense then. I water every 3 days or so I try my hardest to not over water. There’s usually no run off when I water.
    Thanks for the input, I’m going to switch my ph when I feed next I’m sure that’s probably my problem I never looked into ph through coco

16. I think the growth is stunted a little. At 4 weeks, it should be larger.

You said...”I always ph test my water to around 6.5 and add the right amount of nutrients.”

Are you saying that you pH your water AND THEN you add your nutrients to the water? Because it doesn’t do any good to pH your water before you dump a bunch of nutrients in the water. I’m just making sure you know that the nutrient solution must be pH’d AFTER everything has been added to your water. Maybe it was the way you wrote it and I simply misunderstood. But I think it’s worth taking the time to make sure because if you’re doing what I think you are doing then that could be the issue.

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

• Like Like x 1
  17. You're treating your coco like soil - it's drain to waste hydroponics. You can't over water a 70/30 coco/perlite mix. You should be feeding every day to substantial run off - this pulls in fresh oxygen to the roots, replenishes the nutes, and prevents salt build up. Never let coco get dry and never use plain water. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I agree with 918!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Oh coco. I never used that!!

20. So your saying I should be watering everyday enough to have water come out of the bottom of the pot?

• Agree Agree x 1