My plants are thirsty

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by London Guy, Mar 24, 2004.

1. I'm not asking a question with this post but just inviting comments, really. All the stuff I've read on the FAQs and in posts says how important it is not to overwater your plants, and most people have a five-day or seven-day schedule. My plants are 10 days into flower and I'm having to give them a pretty good soak (till it comes out the bottom of the pot) every other day or so. Is anyone else finding this? They're definitely thirsty coz they look to be wilting and within half an hour of giving them some water, they perk right up.

They're about 16" high and in a 50/50 soil/perlite mix.

Just interested...

2. sounds normal to me and considering you have so much perlite in your mix to be expected.

can i ask what size pots your using and what light?

3. Sure. They're in 8" pots and I've just potted up three of the plants into 10" pots to see if it makes any difference to watering schedule and eventual harvest.

Whe you say 'all the perlite you're using', do you mean I'm using too much?

4. yea i just went three days without watering and when I came home today it looked like one of my plants is like just totally weak cause of no water

5. some people grow in just perlite so id b rong to say your useing to much.
    the normal amount is around the 20 to 25% mark tho.
    i use 50% john innis #2 30% perlite and 20% vermiculite.
    the vermiculite off sets the perlite by holding in water but also helps to break up the soil and give good root growth.

give it a try in a pot on ur next grow, u mite find it works for you a bit better?