my plants are dying...please need your help, thanks

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by petergriffin551, May 15, 2010.

1. Please!!! I need an emergent help from you guys (I know you guys are the expert growers)

These guys have been growing in these pots since 2010/4/26 after germination for 7 days and today is 2010/5/14 (so almost weeks of growing so far). They show no problems at all until 6 days ago, one of the Bubblelicious#1 started to turn yellow on the very bottom leaf, newly growing tip and all the leaf's side tips...then starting since 2 days ago, almost all of them's bottom leaves turned yellow and seemed like they are dying, however, the top keeps growing at very slow rate as compared to before…
    I have no idea what went wrong, my setting are the following:

Light: fluorescent light 6500 K kept around 12K to 30K LUX
    Water: pH at 6.5; i try to keep the soil surface moist at all time (spray them twice a day), then water thoroughly once every 2 days
    Ventilation: air blowing at all time (not directly to the plants)
    Humidity: 55-65% at all time
    Nutrition: no nutrition given until i see the problem of turning yellow, i thought it might be the nutrition problem, so i gave water + nutrition (NPK 2.4-1.3-2.8) diluted to 2000 times (direction is 1000 times but i was afraid of over nutrition so diluted to x2) I started giving them 5/8 to all the plants but problem persisted and even more bottom leaves turned yellow…
    Temperature: 73 to 76 F (23-25C) at all time

#1 What should I do now?
    #2 Will my plants keep on dying until they are really dead?
    #3 Will my plants resume growing if problem solves?
    #4 Will yellow leaves turn back to normal green if problem solves?
    #5 Can I cut off the yellowish leaves without stunting their growth?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Million thanks, and happy mother's day
    Million thanks, seeing plants growing like this is really depressing…and most importantly, I want to learn as well, thus I posted it here to ask you guys the experts and share with the people !!!

2. looks like possible nute burn. I would cut/trim the really bad leaves off, and flush them with 100% water no nutes to help clean out the soil. You should be fine after that

3. I would let them dry up for 2-3 days after the flush to, drooping plants can be a symptom of overwatering

4. If you are diluting that nute mix 2000 times that is a really weak nutrient mix. Do you have a ppm meter to do analysis of your soil runoff?

5. It looks like nute burn on most of them. But, I see N deficiency in a couple of others. He said not nutes yet until the problem started. 2000X, I think he means at half strength.

Sounds like you are overwatering for sure. Soak them good and wait until the top inch of the soil is dry. Then give them water. Soaking them really good every time. Let the top of the dirt dry out. Poor roots probably aren't getting any oxygen to them due to all the water.

Don't cut the leaves off yet. Yes it will go back to growing like normal after the problem is fixed. No the leaves will not change back. Just make sure the new growth is dark green and the yellowing doesn't spread. Keep an eye on them.

What kind of soil are you using? Sounds like you should of started nutes about a week ago. That and the overwatering could be the problem.

6. Also, they seem to want more room... Are they indoor or they heading to the woods?

7. I see over watering. nute burn would be just the tips and would effect more leaves. IMO

8. True! I think it's more of an over watering and deficiency issue.