my plant stop growing but why???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by johneym1, Jun 29, 2010.

1. my plant is 38 days in to budding but the buds seems to have stopped growing? are they still growing but i can't notice because i see them every day but at one time i could see the difference every morning wen i go in to my grow room. i have just flushed them in case i had a nute lock out witch i don't think i had because i have no signs of nute burn on my leafs....and wen are they meant to have that grow burst were the buds are meant to swell up thats wat some people on grasscity say..some body please help

2. Yeah. You are probably just looking at them too much. As those buds get fat the excitement grows and you like to look at them more and more, not noticing the change.

Get some pics up if your are still unsure.

3. thats the thing i dont go looking at them all the time only wen i feed them or water because i know i will not see the difference that much i look properly every 3-4 days wen im looking 4 bugs and making sure they ok. did i do the right thing by flushing them and ill start feeding again in 3-5 days time it depends wen they need it

4. the flushing should be fine. depending on the strain, and conditions (lighting) you should see it pack on some weight in the last 2 weeks. indica's will put on more weight, sativa's not so much. she's growing, but depending on what nutrient ratio you are using, she might not using her energy to it's fullest potential. meaning her roots might be going strong while your buds aren't.

what kind of lighting? what is the n-p-k of your flowering solution? pics?

5. They go through what seems to be spurts of growth,I had a arrangement with friend i did moms and clones and he flowered.and he said same thing this shit aint doin anything our yields gonna blow but i'd only see em once in a while and I could def tell dif.be patient most your weight comes last few weeks ,ull b amazed what 7 days does at the end of flowering as far as mass ,density,crystal output.

6. #6 johneym1, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2010

i was using 20-20-20- in veg now i use n 0.8- k 16-p 14 in flowering this is a pick of the cola about 1week ago i carnt put a new pick up till1hr time wen lights come on my picks 001.jpg

my picks 005.jpg and this pick 2week ago u can see the difference in them and they are 1week apart so wen i put the new pick witch is another week later u will see it has not changed much if not at all and the strain is called (no name)

7. Patience.

Think of the grow cycle as a book. The book is made up of chapters. Chapters are there to show a small break between segments in the story.

As the plant grows, it goes through "stages" (chapters) stages of swell, stages of trich production, stages of dormancy while it's gearing up for the next stage even.

See where I'm going with this? Think of her as a boxer sitting in the corner catching her breath between rounds,...any minute now, that bell is gonna ring and she'll be bouncin' on her toes throwin bombs..

You dig?

8. i get ya man u dont know how much u have put my mind at rest thanks...wat do u think to the fertilizer im using 0.8 - 16 - 14

9. I look at it like math...Volume of a cone = 1/3[(pi)(r^2)(h)] but the surface area of the same object = pi(rl) + (pi)(r^2)

[​IMG]

Let's plug in some numbers.
    r=3 units, h=4 units, l=5 units
    V~=38 units
    SA~=75units

r=5 units, h=12 units, l=13 units
    V~= 314 units.
    SA~=283units

In this example the volume of 2 vs 1 is 8.5 times greater, but the surface area is less than 4 times greater.

So my point is that the bud is fattening up a lot more than it looks.

10. Wasavbe has a good point. Had he carried the one and then subtracted the common coefficient, he would have concluded that the reason behind this is,.....the bud is growing on the inside,...becoming denser ;)

Right on Wasabe,....keeping it all about the science! :hello: funny shit

11. looks like you need moar light. what do you have running?

12. #12 johneym1, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2010
    10 -23w cfl fore are 6500k and the rest are 2700k im off to get a 250w hps to day cant w8 my lady's will love that. anyway heir is the new picks i just took and i can see the difference to day i wonder if the flush has don anything because before i could not see the difference and to day i can my picks 007.jpg

my picks 006.jpg

13. Patience grasshoper....;)