My plant needs help!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BeastBuds, Jan 12, 2011.

1. This is my first dirt grow and I've run into a problem. The plant was looking great until a couple days ago. I added some more lights and the plant seemed to love them. The heat is about 80-85 so I didn't think that was a problem. But suddenly some of the older leaves are curling up, drying out, and dying. I've topped the plant a few times and have a lot of good new growth. The new growth still looks ok for now so I'm not really sure what the problem is. I thought maybe it could be a nute problem or a salt buildup so I did a flush today with a ton of plain water. Any other suggestions to try to save this lady?

You can see the curled and dried leaves in the first two pics and some of the healthy growth in the last.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. No one has any ideas to help?

3. #3 Your Grandfathe, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2011
    So, okay, it looks like you are using Fox Farms Ocean Forest for soil.

It also appears to be very, very wet. (Yeah I know you just flushed).

If the new growth looks okay, then take that as a positive. I don't see any 3 bladed leaves on the new growth, which is a good sign.

I'd let the soil dry out really well. (When you flush, it compacts the soil and makes it real hard, if not almost impossible, for the roots to get oxygen.

Go to Homo De Pot and get some perlite and add it to the soil when you up-pot the plant. You want at least 40% to be perlite. Don't skimp on this part, it is way important.

Also, check out adding some Mycorrhizae to your soil to help. It works.

4. Thanks for the advice. I did add some perlite but I guess I should have used more. Also thanks for the tip on the Mycorrhizae, I'll check that out.