My plant may be a hermie

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by yaboo69, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Umm lets see.. I first had a couple question about whether it's safe to keep my plant in vicinity of fems. if it's still unsexed. Also I know it's early (the leaves that are yellow will turn green) but any notion as to the sex of this little guy, it's a clone btw hopefully i get some feedback lol thanks

Attached Files:

2. thats really yellow. Have they been in the dark for a week? if not you have an issue

3. youre doing it all wrong. you can not keep a plant in water without aeration. those leaves are not going to turn green, that plant is dying. no sign of sex and there wont be.

you gotta transplant into soil if you want this plant to have any chance of surviving.

honestly, this is a record. I cant remember having seen such a horrible attempt at growing in this forum.

4. #4 yaboo69, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2013
    I have a air pump but was unplugged to take the pic, i'm guessing i need some hydropnic nutes.
    This is a CLONE it's been in the water for about a week, more of an experiment than anything

5. Why would you clone a hermaphrodite?

6. Hemi4spd i think it's a hermie because it was out of a bag of nugs that had beans in it
    You guys are right i really need to plant this in some soil, it's just not getting the nutes that the soil would provide. I'll post a pic when i take it out and transplant it. it has actually developed a lot of roots in that tiny pickle jar i have it in, you guys are the best, peace

7. soil or hydro, wouldn't matter. for the most part clones don't suck up water through their medium since they have no roots

8. #8 yaboo69, Mar 27, 2013
    Yea it was doing fine for the first week until i had it too close to the light and singed some of the leaves so i'll take it out anyways, check out the root system it got going, another pic of what it looked like before the leaves burned (HPS lights are HOT!!)

Attached Files:

9. Are you going to put it in soil, or leave it in that jar. You really should put it in soil. That hydro thing you got going has a lot problems.
    The major problem is the roots can't be exposed to any light. You have it in a clear jar. I would bag this hydro thing asap.

10. #10 yaboo69, Mar 27, 2013
    I've transplanted it, it's a little droopy right now but i watered it and i'm sure in a day or too it'll be good as new. my last transplant looked like it was dying the day after i transplanted it but then a couple days later it gathered its strength in its new pot and grew like a champ so i'm not worried about these ones. just to clearify the above pic with the light IS NOT the HPS light obviously i took it out of that enclosure and put it under a different light and that's when the singing happened cuz the temps were above 100 degrees and was about 6 inches from the light source (too close). I will be using my bubbleponics in the future because it does work but i definately will cover the jar with paint/electricaltape so the roots aren't exposed to light (mainly because the light exposure produces algae) and i'll definately buy hydro nutes before i try that again just water and light doesn't give it enough bulk, plant grows "stringy" without nutes. i'll post a "recovery" pic in a few days once it takes off should be going strong from there on out, thanks for the 2 cents guys i really appreciate it

11. How big is that jar in your hydro system, or is that just something you made up to put your clone in.

If you plan on using that jar to grow in you are going to be in trouble. The root mass on these plant can get massive.

CAM00502-2.jpg

This is what you will be dealing wlth, mine aren't really that big. People underestimate the size of these plants.

12. Put that shit into a bucket of soil soon if you want it to have a chance of survival. Is that glass pellets it in? The plant looks waterlogged and starved that necrosis of the leaf blades is because its not getting any oxygen probably. Stick her in soil bro

13. what did the mother show?

14. I would suggest buying a book on growing if your serious about improving. They have some really good ones for cheap.