My plant leaves are droopy

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ImPeter89, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Ok, im new in this forum. A close friend gave me a plant, it was growing outdoors so we had to dig and transplant it to a pot. 2 days and it was going fine but today it looks droopy and weak. I thought it may be the wind because last night there was a big ass storm, the plant was inside next to a window but the wind opened it and there was ~45mph wind blowing at the plant for a few minutes. Can wind damage make leaves look droppy? I will post pictures soon.

2. Where are you located?

3. Uruguay, south america. Right now it's summer, the weather is similar to southern US.

If there was a big storm it could have gotten too much water..overwatering will always make the leaves droopy

5. Ok, it's been getting worse over the last 2 hours, some of the bigger leaves look like they are just hanging from the stem. The stem looks very strong, the plant measures about 60 cm, the leaves on the top of the plant look worse than those in the base. I have trouble uploading pictures, but I could upload one. It's sideways and a little small. Im really concerned, will the plant be able to survive? 20141221_155708.jpg

Attached Files:

6. It might be able to survive..do you have any holes drilled in the bottom of that bucket? 

If you don't have anywhere for the water to drain out of the bucket, it will just stay in there and drown your plant.

7. #7 ImPeter89, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2014
    There are decent sized holes in the bottom of the bucket. As a last resort I drilled some holes on the sides, let's see how it goes

8. Looks thirsty

9. you said you had to dig it up...you damaged the roots. instead of having that huge root mass to get what it needs, now it has a small damaged part left. 

10. Probably it's the roots, though I was careful with the transplant. What can I do to help it survive?

The first thing I would do is get it out of direct sunlight until it bounces back.  You stressed the shit out of it when you dug it up out of the ground.  Plus a storm that brought a lot of rain as well?

Get it out of the direct sunlight and make sure it doesn't receive any more water for quite some time.

12. If you have some where to go buy nutes go get some rapid start stat mix to mid strength. And hope for the best I would do just in dose and give that baby full sun 16 hours and mist the leaves the roots are damaged from transplant ..this is transplant shock.... And cross dem finners

13. Well, when I woke up this morning the plant was noticeably better, but later the sun hit it and it got very droopy again. I inmmediatly got it out of the direct sunlight, let's see how that does. Is there anything I can do other than waiting now? I want to give her the best possibilities, im very stressed haha

14. #14 turtle360, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014
    You're stressed.

Could you please address the water issue? Did it get too much water at any time?

15. Yes, it got plenty of water from rain. I don't think that alone would do this, but the plant was transplanted some hours before this storm, and there was also wind. So it's a lot of stress at the same time. Here's a pic right now:

20141222_152622.jpg

16. #16 turtle360, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014
    Looks way more overwatered than underwatered. And sure it's stressed. It was transplanted. No reason to assume the roots were damaged. You would know when you did it. Then even moving an outdoor plant indoors should be done gradually. Get it used to the change. Then a storm!

Check if the soil's saturated. If so put a light over it, blow a fan on it.

And found this fwiw:

When temperatures climb, it used to be said that men sweated but ladies wilted. Plants frequently wilt in hot weather, allowing both leaves and flowers to droop, sometimes to an alarming degree. Wilting occurs when the pace at which plant leaves dispel moisture into the air, in a process called transpiration, outpaces the ability of plant roots to supply enough water. Like human perspiration, plant transpiration is in part a self-protective mechanism plants use to survive excessive heat.

Don't know how much heat there is..........

17. Edit :helps to read the whole thread lol

Just repeatin shit :smoking:

18. go out either by or go sample bottle of rapids start use 1 application and then do not water in till soil is mostly dry