My plant grew balls overni. What can i do?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DudeRelax, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Well my plant has been in 12/12 for about 2 weeks now and it was showing the v hairs but no nugs. And now i go check and 2 nranches have 2 little round balls. Can i rip them off and hope the rest doesnt follow or did i waste like a month for a male? I really dont wanna rip my first plant.

2. if its the only plant you got (and its a hermy, not sure what youre describing), throwing it out will obviously only reduce your yield, so dont do it. seedy bud can be smoked if you remove the seeds, no bud can not be used at all.

keep plucking off any male flowers as they grow.
    it takes at least a week for them to start releasing pollen after they grow to visible size, but later on they can hide in female flower clusters and be hard to find, so you gotta look really close.

if your lucky its gonna stop growing male flowers or only grow like 10 or 20 total. or it could grow more male ones than female ones, theres no way to tell yet.

3. It sound like a male unfortunately but without pictures there's no real way for us to tell. So e times female plants grow male flowers. Sometimes female flowers grow the pod and the pistils come a few days after. Do t worry yet. Start another seed and in the next week you'll be sure what sex it is. First time can be really tricky. I had a plant I was 100% sure was male and two days later pistils popped out. Can you post a picture

4. Idk if you can see it my camera.sucks. The top chutes have balls.and the.lower half dont.
    ForumRunner_20130327_104234.png
    Any hope? The seed was from Humboldt kush og. The plant is like
    5 foot tall since.i vegged.for 1 month and 2 weeks flowering.

Sorry for the typos im speed typing on my phone cuz im anxious to see
    If theres any hope

ForumRunner_20130327_104523.png

5. looks totally male to me

6. So theres no hope i should just rip it and move on with my life?

7. All you can do is take it down and start another. But if your just gonna be growing 1 at a time it would be better to get some fem seeds or plant more then 1 if using reg seeds so if one does go male its not the whole grow gone.

8. yup. to avoid future disappointment, next time either grow several plants, buy feminized seeds or, if you can, get clones.

9. This was my baby for a while lol. It grew 5 foot 6 inches. I can only.grow one as it was a stealth grow. Im going to let it.be found so i dont gotta rip it. Also no hope.for a Hermie?

10. Nah dude Baumeister is right, total male. Now if that's your only plant you can either scrap it now or wait and collect pollen from it to store and maybe use at a later date to pollinate something else to get your own seeds.

11. now that's how a good grower thinks right there. i would start something new and harvest pollen from this one, a little rice and a couple freezer safe bags and you have pollen for making all the seeds you need later. you can keep seedling's on 12/12 for at least 2 weeks without issue, if that's the only grow area you have.

12. I think ill let it pollen might as well get something out of this. I just use a q tip to collect pollen the put in a freezer bag?

13. Naw bud, you use the q-tip to apply the pollen to the donor plant. I use a shot glass and as soon as the pods are ready to burst I pluck them off with teasers, let them dry then separate the chaff from the pollen but that's just one way to do it I'd suggest reading in the breeding section for other collection methods.

14. Yeah dude, that plant looks like a total male, ask friends for clones, thats the way to go, or like someone stated earlier use a bunch of seeds, but since you like these genetics, Id do what they said, you can simply take a freezer bag of the male plant, and w/ a few gentle flicks of the plant collect all the pollen you need for future generations. make sure to not cross-contaminate i.e. wear sterile gloves when doing this, change clothes before entering the room that contain your females.

15. A good friend of mines heard about my problem and said hell gove me 2 females 4 weeks into flowering. I was wondering can i just put them in the same room as the male to produce seeds? Or would the q tip idea work better?

16. Yeah you can do that but I'd recommend you not and selectively pollinate so you can have at least some seedless bud

17. like mentioned you can do that or just use a qtip to pollinate certain buds. you should get around 100-300 seeds from 3 decent buds depending on strain. couple things to remember, do it now because you should have 4-6 weeks of flowering time(after pollination), gives the seeds time to grow and feed the seeded mother a balanced diet and not the normal flowering formulas.