My Plan(any tips?)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TheOuncler, Dec 24, 2011.

1. So I'm from Wisconsin and I plan on starting to grow this coming season, I have a general idea of what I want to do and I wanted to see if you guys had any corrections or advice for me. Basically my idea is to start about 10(or so) plants inside in April to get them prepared for the outdoor season(they will be transplanted and hardened off sometime after the last frost in May). My plan was to have the lighting at about 18/6 while they are inside. When I transplant them I will also start a few seeds outside, and I was planning on taking clippings from a few of the best ones during the veg stage. I figured I would top a few of them off the top and start clones with that. Ill keep the clones indoors for a few weeks and let them outside sometime after June 21st. For ferts I was planning on using Peter's "Jack's Classic" 20-20-20 for veg and Jack's Classic Blossom Booster 10-30-20 for flowering. I haven't decided on soil yet, I was thinking about making my own with peat moss and worm castings but I will probably end up using Fox Farm Ocean Forest.

Thanks for reading guys! I would like to hear any feedback you might have.

2. go with the peat and EWC, maybe some perlite to aid in drainage.... with Jack's, which is simple, cheap, awesome shit by the way, you'll need to add some calcined clay for sulphur and lime to add in the calcium and magnesium. fuck the fox farms.... if you're using jack's with some easy amendments you don't need to waste your money on it.

3. #3 TheOuncler, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2011
    Right on, ya I thought Jack's looked like good stuff to get. What exactly does EWC stand for? I also had a few questions on moving the plants outdoors... if they are on an 18/6 inside and I move them outside in May, would they start flowering early?

4. #4 piratechefny, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2011
    earth worm castings.

they shouldn't start to flower until the day cycle is cut back considerably. i've only done it with a couple of plants but didn't have any issues.

5. How do you use the Jack's classic and how much will it take for both the Peter's "Jack's Classic" 20-20-20 for veg and Jack's Classic Blossom Booster 10-30-20 for flowering?

I see both go for $9.99 in the 8 ounce tub on Amazon.

6. :wave: I was thinking indoor 5-gallon buckets and fox farms but my head is swimming from all this reading. Seems very complicated. Please post a simple recipe for the peat and EWC, perlite, calcined clay, and lime. Would it be the same recipe to put in a hole outside? :)

7. you can use the 20-20-20 from start to finish. if you wanted you could boost the K during mid flower when the buds are really starting to swell.

if doing Jacks 20-20-20 all the way you won't need to amend with the EWC. an easy recipe would be 6 parts ProMix, 2 parts calcined clay and 1 part perlite. add a handful of lime per bucket.

Jack's comes with a measuring spoon and instructions on the back to get started. it's really about learning to read your plants and being able to judge what they need.

the same mix can be used outdoors.

8. EWC - earth worm castings, lol I'm still a noob. Thanks for the help though, another idea I had for soil was to use Roots Organic and add a cup of dolomite lime for every 4 gallon pot.