Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My pipe is DIRTY

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SniperKitty, Nov 18, 2012.

1. I'm terrible with cleaning it. I do the old soak it in alcohol thing and then I poke it with a q-tip until I'm tired of trying.....

I've looked online about putting salt in the alcohol, putting it in boiling salt water??? I mean I don't know I only knew about the alcohol because the guy who started me smoking cleaned his that way, I never bothered to question it until now.

So, my question to you fellow blades is. What is the best way to clean a small glass pipe? I don't care about saving resin, I scrape it and smoke it before I clean it, anything left I don't care to mess with. I just need an easy (preferably quick!!) way to clean my little pipe. Keep in mind this is my very first pipe I've ever had, the one I smoked my first bowl EVER in, so I would prefer a way that wouldn't break it (ie the "boil it" idea scares me, wouldn't it crack?).

Thank you blades!

TLDR: How can I clean my little glass pipe quickly and easily, soaking it in alcohol isn't working well for me.

2. Boiling it won't hurt it, the glass heats up consistently. Only where cold meets hot is where it's gonna crack.

I've always just used iso alcohol and salt, it always works really well :confused_2: Only if it's caked on there do I try to use hot water on it. :wave:

3. I think mine just gets really caked in there, and the holes are really really small so like getting it clean is really hard haha. What does the salt do exactly?

4. Dude cheapest, easiest, fastest way is finger nail polish remover. Put a shot of that in there shake it for 30 secs to 1 minute and wash it out and BLAM!!!!!! Good as brand new i promise

5. Isn't that.... toxic to smoke out of after?

6. ziploc bag, rubbing alcohol and kosher salt. it'll work

7. And salt just dehydrates and adds some substance to break up the resin

8. Nah man ive been doing for a few years now, i just rinse it with some lemon juice and then just wash it again and blam, new..

9. The salt is an abrasive to help break down the resin, but not abrasive enough to scratch the glass.

10. Salt rubbing alcohol and a zip lock bag
    image-1707944667.jpg
    All you need to clean a pipe

11. I've always used nail polish remover. It works better than boiling AND alcohol/salt. It will get your pipe spotless clean. When you're done, flush it a ton with hot water.

12. Well if Sassy uses nail polish remover I can trust it won't kill me! Haha

13. I've been doing it for 10ish years and I've never had any problems...that I know of. :laughing:
    Just make sure that you rinse it out good. Nail polish remover is highly flammable, you don't want that shit blowing up in your face.
    I usually dump some in the bottom of a ziploc bag, drop the pipe in there, let it sit for a while, swish it around some, then put it under hot running water. Initially a bunch of shit will come out. I dump out the dirty shit from the plastic bag and put fresh in then repeat. Once I get it mostly clean, I take a q-tip to the inside and go to work.

14. [quote name='"SassyMelassy"']

I've been doing it for 10ish years and I've never had any problems...that I know of. :laughing:
    Just make sure that you rinse it out good. Nail polish remover is highly flammable, you don't want that shit blowing up in your face.
    I usually dump some in the bottom of a ziploc bag, drop the pipe in there, let it sit for a while, swish it around some, then put it under hot running water. Initially a bunch of shit will come out. I dump out the dirty shit from the plastic bag and put fresh in then repeat. Once I get it mostly clean, I take a q-tip to the inside and go to work.[/quote]

Never heard of anyone using nail polish remover :/

15. This helps A LOT. If you can also add sea salt in there that's a bonus. 90%+ Iso Alcohol is best.

Put it all in the plastic back along with the piece and shake it up! (WAIT... waittt.. make sure you close it first :p) Keep shaking it for 1 minute and that should really get it clean!

16. [quote name='"5cooby Doo"']

This helps A LOT. If you can also add sea salt in there that's a bonus. 90%+ Iso Alcohol is best.

Put it all in the plastic back along with the piece and shake it up! (WAIT... waittt.. make sure you close it first :p) Keep shaking it for 1 minute and that should really get it clean![/quote]

70 is what i got atm but a higher % will make a diffrence

17. [quote name='"5cooby Doo"']
    (WAIT... waittt.. make sure you close it first :p) [/quote]

Ive done this so many times lol

18. Regular table salt might just dissolve as soon as you start shaking.

It's defeating the purpose of using Epsom salt, which doesn't dissolve as easily thus leaving an abrasive presence.

19. [quote name='"KangarooBunny"']Regular table salt might just dissolve as soon as you start shaking.

It's defeating the purpose of using Epsom salt, which doesn't dissolve as easily thus leaving an abrasive presence.[/quote]

Not if you add enough :)

20. Use nail polish remover, then thoroughly rinse with hot water, and finish with a Q-Tip clean up. Bam, you got a brand new piece. :cool: