Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My pipe confiscated in Friends possession

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Smokey Tha Bear, Apr 12, 2012.

1. What was he going to say? "No that's not my pipe." Cop: "Oh ok we won't charge you then." Yeah right.

He owes you a new bowl op.

2. I wasn't there.....he didn't take the fall for me seeing as i wasn't in the idiotic situation.
    Hence why he didn't really do me any favors except lose my favorite pipe...sorry I didn't full explain the situation in the OP.;)

3. I don't see how this is a ridiculous question. His friend's terrible decisions led to his piece being seized. Had his friend actually thought about what he was doing and not whipped out the flashy ass weed wallet chances are the search wouldn't even have been brought up.

I dont see where all this sympathy for OP's friend is coming from. Possession charges suck, no doubt about that. However I'm unable to just glaze over the part where basically flashed a bright ass sign saying "I smoke weed" and allowed a cop to search his car knowing he had contraband.

4. Said piece is gone poor judgement or not. Just get another one and let your friend deal with the shit he got himself into and not the small stuff.

5. Look I don't know about the laws where you're from, but in IL, paraphernalia is a mandatory $750 zero tolerance, while possesion is 50, fuck that he's in enough shit as is

6. I think you deserve to have your pipe replaced. It would be different if you were with him and the cop smelled weed then searched his car and found weed and the pipe and he took full credit for both. But that didn't happen. He made a dumb ass decision and he has to pay for that decision both legally and for your lost merchandise.

7. He definitely owes you a new pipe op.

You shouldn't even need to ask this question, he borrowed your property without your permission. Then his dumb ass flashed a weed themed wallet at a cop, THEN he CONSENTED to a search.

Just ask yourself, if I we traded places in the situation would I replace his pipe?
    I hope the answer would be yes.

8. #28 LostOnThaMoon, Apr 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2012
    lol dick. I've had girls barrow my bowl, THINK they were getting pulled over and throw my bowl out the window as the cop car sirens a blaring goes right past them. Just roll one with your titties out and we're cool.

9. After going through the whole thread I will give my apologies for originally thinking he took the fall for you. Hope it's accepted.

Nonetheless, do I think you should ask for a replacement? No. Things like this happen he will have to deal with it on the legal side of things which blows enough for him.

I will give you this much tho you have learned a very important lesson in life.

Never lend anyone, anything that contains any sentimental value in any way to you. That way you are in full control of that item's destiny.

So go out, shop around, buy yourself a new pipe and create its own personal sentimental value for you. Oh and never lend out a piece again especially to friends.

(you'll go through more pipes than friends in life man. Trust me.)

10. Keep in mind he took it without asking...BUT I would've lent it to him if he had asked. I see your point, but what kind of friend would I be if i told my roomate to fck off and get his own pipe? It was the courteous thing to do to let him take it and I would say it would be the courteous thing for him to at least offer to replace it.

Also what kind of pisses me off is that when he talks about how the pipe is gone he described it as "our" pipe --> "our pipes gone...damn cops stole it from me" when it was not our pipe, but my pipe. I feel for the guy but when he says shit like that it really ticks me off.

11. In my opinion he owes you a new pipe, now due to the circumstances if he and I were good friends I wouldn't expect it at all. Just, if I had borrowed the pipe and gotten busted with it, I would make sure to replace it at some point. The fact of the matter is that friendship comes before physical objects in any case or situation, just that if he is a friend that is genuinely concerned, and able, he should hook you up with a new pipe or at least a few bucks or something. Sort of like Christmas. Everyone loves each other and that's enough but gifts are cool too.

12. Yeah... I'm a dick because I won't let my friend get my favorite bowl taken because of his own stupidity? I don't think so, it's simply business. ;)

13. When there's weed and paraphernilia, the charge extends and he could easily say the paraphernilia was yours and you get fucked AND have to buy a new pipe.

Settle down, it's 30$ at most.

14. lolwhat? I wasn't there...had I been there I would've made sure he had at least put the weed/pipe in the trunk, not left it in his fucking pocket..

15. Don't ask him to give you a replacement, and if he does replace it, thank him.

If he doesn't, he's not a good friend to have.

16. thank you! this seems correct

17. na dont man whats 15-30 bucks over fines in court? not worth it,reminds me of the time where i let my bud borrow my glass pipe and his mom confiscated it and threw it away i mean it was a loss but it was w e they payed me back with a FAT sesh.

18. Yes he should replace your pipe, but if it was less than like $30 id just be a cool dude and tell him not to worry about it.

19. wait wait wait he would replace my bowl and he not taken the blame for your bowl even if he said it wasnt his and yours he would still catch the charge for it and if it was his bowl im sure he would replace it.