My Ph Run Off Is Way Too High

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SatanicKoala, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Hey,

So I have 3 plants in a coco perlite mix that I’m growing using the Canna A +B (10ml a + 10ml b in 10 litres of water) base nutes + cal mag + big bud for coco + Organic Unsulphered molasses

So the girls just started week 2 of flower and I can notice nutrient lockout/ deficiencies forming, I fed them today and took the run off which read ph7.5!!! And over the past 5 feedings this number has increased from ph 6.5.

Every feeding I ph the feed to 5.4 and flush the fuck out them hoping it will do something but every time it never does! As they are getting into the sensitive stages of flower soon I really need to dial this all in :/

Any advice is appreciated and let me know if there’s anymore info you need.

Cheers

2. Are you PH adjusting your water before, or after you add the nutrients etc?
    These products can raise and lower PH - I'd suggest doing it after.

Also...when you say you flush the fuck out of them right after you feed them, every time?
    That's not necessary, and it's likely going to be getting rid of a lot of nutrients the plants want.

Still getting these results...Do a flush (not right after feeding, maybe a day you don't feed) with PH lowered/adjusted water.
    Check that run-off towards the end.
    See what you get.
    I would say that would largely address it...or at least give you an idea of where you stand and what
    you need to do to further adjust things.

3. coco needs feeding every watering also testing run off is a less accurate way of measuring ph.
    a slurry test will give you a more accurate reading. before i started growing in organic soil that would be my method id actually take 2 one from near the main stem and other near edge of bucket/tub

• Like Like x 1
  4. Slurry like...grab some of the medium?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I always mix all the nutes in 10 litres of water and let that sit for a couple hours before I add the PH down.

Also sorry I don’t mean I’ve flushed them every feeding just the last 5 feedings where I’ve been seeing a higher PH run off.

The ppm of the nutrient soloution is about 530 ish going in and comes out at the same or about 20 - 50ppms higher. As I am a novice grower I didn’t see much of an issue with that but I really think the high ph run off is negatively affecting them more.

To fix the high ph run off you suggest giving them a light feed on an off day? So because I fed them today I would wait till the day after tomorrow? What should I ph the feed to?

Cheers

I

6. yes exactly that buddy grab some of the medium you dont need allot and mix it with your feed its much more accurate and you might be pleasantly surprised your ph isnt much off as one would think

7. I’ve not heard of a slurry test but I can look into more :)

Thanks

Iv

• Like Like x 1
  8. another thing that helps is leave your water for an hour or 2 give chance for chlorine to evaporate then add your nutrients its also a bad thing to just feed water when growing in coco it is the same as dwc if you grow a plant in just water it will suffer bad deficiencies coco is same it needs nutrients all the time and regular feeding some fantastic growers on here feed coco 3-4 times a day i used to just do twice in coco if anybody can help you with this it will be @Soil2Coco

9. Heya buddy. Ph rising in bloom is usually a sign that you're giving it a wet dry cycle. Not doing that are you?
    What you should be doing is going in at around 6.3 and feeding to run off with nutes every day. Your ppm of 500ish should be spot on as long as your using bloom nutes and not giving them vodka or anythin daft like that.
    Cant over water in coco either so don't worry about that. Just a soil growers problem that one, you'll get best results if you feed to run off 2-3 times per day.
    Not a neccesity like but must be at least once per day to a decent run off.

10. U know I'm the king of slurry! I thought that was only good in soil??.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. So when ur soil is dry ready to water or feed, do this
    Take a large shot glass of soil from ur plant and the same amount of distilled water and put in a cup. Stir around. Than put one meter in and get a reading. Than the other. So that will give u the true pH of ur soil. The ppms will tell u if ur plants are eating ur feeds or if they are hungry. So if I get a reading of 350 or under I feed. If it's over 350 i water. It's just that simple

12. Forget the 350 stuff. This is a batch note of mine. Just see what's going on

13. lol i did think of you as it goes papapuff. i always used it in coco was always spot on unless i just got lucky but never failed me buddy

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hey man,

So lately I’ve avoided a wet/ dry cycle I feed about every 3 days right now.

Also would going in at a PH of 6.3 really bring it back down from 7.5? And I am using the canna coco A + B base nutes plus the advanced nutrients big bud for coco which says to add 2ml per litre through weeks 2 - 4 of bloom which yesterday being the start of week 2 I gave its full dose.

I’m going to give watering them another go today and I’ll try to PH to 6.3

Cheers :)

15. I never have understood why some people are so obsessed with their run off. If the plants healthy and growing good who cares.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Agreed i only test ph going in never runoff its a fools errand. I am in soil though

17. I used to run fox farms so I had to ph what was going in since they're line of products isn't fully organic. I never worried about runoff since it was pointless. Now that I build my own organic soils ph'ing is completly unnecessary. Straight from the garden hose to the soil.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I was always under the impression that while you can adjust PH to what's considered optimal for the water going in, that you test the runoff to see if through the medium it's retaining that PH, or if there's like, an imbalance or something within the medium, perhaps due to built up minerals or nutrients or some such.
    I'm not saying you guys are wrong, far from it, I consider myself closer to being a "know nothing" than anything, it's just, that was my understanding.
    So, no?

19. Cool I tell people than realize they sent in soil lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. So say I'm growing with fox farms, ph'ing everything going in perfectly and the plants growing amazing, why should I worry if it's off coming out? It doesnt cause issue being off, yet people still get all worried even with a healthy beautiful plant in front of them. If you want to fund the ph of the soil it's better to do a slower test. Testing run off can be very subjective