Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My Parents think weed is addicting!!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Relax2181, Jun 26, 2010.

1. They let me grow. they let me smoke 1 a week. but this week they caught me smoking 3 times this week. and they got pissed. and they said your addictited t0 weed. and took away my stash until July 4th. they say i use it to escape. and to escape from stress. and friend problems. THEY WONT LET ME Go TO FREINDS HOUSES. i say i do it for FUN and To calm down. i have some OCD and Anxiety problems. i say why cant i use it to cure it? they say it's additing. Pisses me off. i want to smoke more than once a week. what should i do there stubborn!
    Thanks

2. Get them to watch The Union.

3. They Won't There so stubborn. they wont listen tom my ideas. But they make me listen to theirs

4. hmmmmm

5. Just get caught a few more times... They wont care after that
    Never really been in your situation tho because my mom was born in Holland and lived there for a while so she's all good with it

6. Just listen to your parents man. I'm assuming you've just finished high school / almost done. You'll be able to do whatever you want after you leave.

7. Well...it is addicting...

Psychologically

8. resin smokers.:p

9. take a big ass motherfuckin hit and blow it in their faces, if that doesn't work slap em upside the head :D

10. Its not that its "Addicting" but more so "Habit-forming". You get so used to smoking on a regular that it you think you HAVE to have it when in really you dont.

11. It is 'addicting' in the same way that anything enjoyable is 'addicting'. In the physical sense, it's less 'addicting' than coffee. You could go the hypocritical route and bring up their own 'addictions' they use to escape, or are part of their daily routine, but that usually doesn't help matters.

Fact is if you're still living under someone else's roof you've got to respect their rules. If you let them know you respect them, but that when you move out you'll smoke when you want, because it isn't damaging, physically addictive, safer than alcohol, helps you relax, etc... it may give them a higher opinion of you.

They key is to be able to demonstrate self-control. Parents are probably worried you'll turn into someone who lives just for marijuana so the more they see you smoke the more freaked out they'll get.

12. It might not be addicting in the same way Cigs or blow is but, anyone who has smoked weed for several years or more will tell you it can become VERY habit forming and, I wont lie i get a little agitated when i cant smoke. But i don't think there is anything wrong with that as long as its not negatively but, positively affecting your life. Why cant you just take a walk down the street and burn one ?? or hide your stash outside if you can

13. If the let you grow and smoke once a week then that's pretty cool of them. Trust me man you have it better than a lot of other people and you should be thankful for that.;) Just follow their rules if you really want to hang out with your friends.

14. Also this. There are a lot of people whose parents wont let them smoke at all let alone grow. So you do have it better than most

15. just tell em its not addictive..its just a habbit..lol maybe theyll understand..:D
    it sure as hell makes life alot more better to bare..maybe they should try some and see how it feels then theyll really understand.

16. i think the best thing to do in this situation is to turn 18.....

17. uhhh... well since you need to be 18 to be on this forum, just telling you dude, but your parents can't keep you from going out with your friends or whatever. you're a adult and shouldn't need to be kept away from your friends especially by your parents. they can't do anything about it.

18. im 18 im going to graduate this weekend.

19. Who in the hell has graduation at the end of JUNE!?

20. this.

Also, tell them to shut the fuck up.