My parents gave me the worst name ever!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Deleted member 208013, Jan 28, 2010.

1. hahah speaking of wierd names, my name is Denim. Denim Hash actually. no joke.

2. Denim Hash?? That's fucking badass!

3. i know how you feel man, my name is also mike. although i can understand my parents reasoning which makes it more bearable. my uncle is named mike and at the time he was married to a woman that was unable to bear children so my dad named me after his brother to help him cope with that fact, as it was around the time of my conception that he and his then wife found out. he has since divorced, remarried, and divorced again and in the process had two kids.

4. Megatron FTW! :hello: from what I recall there are 2 other Megatrons on GC so I'm not alone

5. My names Woody. Everyone I meet, at sometime or another mentions Toy Story. But I like my name so whateverz. =D

6. Lol, my shop teacher said, and he didn't seem like he was lying, that he knew some guy in college named Rolen Doobies or sumthin like that, lol. Said he was real straight edge.

7. [​IMG] is this u? lulz!

8. my names pretty chill i guess "lucas"

9. My ex's uncle was named Kelly, I like it as a guys name better than a females.
    I'm sure I have some family over in Ireland named Kelly. Haha.
    I have a cousin that I know of over there named Dunkin, pretty cool if you ask me :)

10. So what the fucks your new name?!

11. #31 Misc, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2010
    My name's Leif... I suppose that's rather unique

Although meeting someone always requires a tedious explanation of the origin.

"My name's Leif"

"Excuse me?"

"L E I F"

"Oh like a tree leaf?"

"Yeah, no, like leif erikson the great explorer man."

"Oh."

12. Okay that one was good.

13. #33 Guest, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
    me too, i was just saying kelly out loud, has a nice ring if you don't say it with a prepubescent voice.

my names colby, imagine how creative they became, colby, say cheese!

and wow i cracked up so hard after reading joseph stalin, if only this was real it would be best practical joke ever.

14. That made me laugh at the end.

15. I wish my family had givin me a normal name im the only Erik I know, but if I went to Norway my name would be as common as john smith here

16. My dad was dead serious about naming me Huckleberry so he could call me huck for short......

And they say drugs are more potent nowadays....

My mom obviously shut him down, though she describes it as quite an "issue" at the time. They settled on Lee instead.

17. Yah i guess im pretty lucky my names Cameron. Named after my great uncle, Sir William Cameron Ramsay.

18. yea, there was a thread asking people if they knew haiti was a real country before the earthquake and you expect people to get that joke? I chuckled though

19. If you would have changed your name when you was young you wouldnt have to put it as a previous name.

20. hahaha......exactly