Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

my parents are brainwashed by the government...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by John92, Mar 26, 2009.

1. #1 John92, Mar 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2009
    ok so i just got into an argument with my parents about weed.... they don't know i do it or nothing so i had to be careful lol....anyways my dad thinks it fries ur brain and my mom thinks it will make you go to harder drugs and i am gettin tired of them thinking its bad....anyone got any ideas of how i can get my mom (not even gonna try with my dad) to be more "lenient" about weed... i kinda want to tell her i smoke it but i think she will start trippin....btw i have to put up with it cuz i still live with them (im a senior and im 18 so don't even try nothin)... so do you think i should slowly try to tell her about it or just try to educate her a lil bit. I thought about showin her the union.

2. show her the union :smoking: just my 2 cents

3. clearly your parents are alot like mine. they are brain washed and their aint shit you can do about it. my mom eventually started to come around once she say me deal with my depression by using MJ. if i were you i wouldn't say a damn thing about you smoking. i would just politely correct them on certain subjects WHEN they come up in conversation.

if they ask you were you got the information just say you were reading about it on the internet and the lies that have been spread about it

4. haha same here

dont try to educate them about it cuz they wont understand. Just dont mention anything

5. how are your grades? are you going to college? do you work? do you preform any community services? if you can show her you're a responsible young adult, she may open up to the idea a bit. it will take time though.

6. i have the exact same problems

she told me that its a gateway drug then i just flat out told her iv been smoking for almost a year every week and havent thought about any other drug at all, but they still freaked out

now they are a little more laid back, my parents just think it makes you lazy and do bad in school so i should wait until the summer.

just always have eye drops and gum with you! :)

7. right now i have mostly A's and yea i plan to go to college but im afraid to tell her straight up idk what im gonna do lol

8. this is my first post, so if it's long winded bare with me.
    for the love of all that's holy, let it go. they have their beliefs, and they love you, so they've got that to deal with. if you don't think your parents have skeletons then i've got a bag of really potey oregano to sell you.
    anyway, don't test your parents, that's a lesson i learned. they know, and so long as you're not grounded, or failing, or getting arrested they're not going to fuck with you too much.
    the way i'm imagining is that if you're smart enough to have graduated high school or made it to senior year then even if they believe it "fries your brain" then the worse thing that happens is you're a little mellow and less concerned with doing things that suck. that's what's known as "amotivational syndrome" as i'm sure you know. as long as you can reconcile not wanting to do stupid things that suck with the fact that 75% of life is doing shit that sucks (or paying dues) and that marijuana is a priviledge that only people with braincells to burn can afford to use with any regularity. i don't know, just my opinon. hit me back. :wave:

9. fuck dude, same shit with my parents.... their a lost cause... ive tried printing out scientific reports and all kinds of shit to make them understand its not ALL bad...

but I mean SURE it still has problems with your lungs, but fuck! cigarettes are legal! the only reason pot isnt legal is cause its damn near impossible to tax it!

well, ive just gone rouge smoker on them. (they dont think I even smoke anymore!)

10. exactly!! just be smart about it! do your school work, lay low when toking and things are cool!

11. ya i was rogue smokinng but they found out ( i wasn't too secretive my room stank of it)
    My parents are brainwashed too tihnking its worse than cigs and a gateway drug)

I am just gonna work on a plan to smoke without them knowing. tough cause i dont want to smoke outside the house cause of the popo (in FLorida)
    and then we have a alarm that says whenever a door opens in my house so i cant sneak outside to smoke it.

any ideas

12. everyone is just saying go rogue smoker but i want to be able to be open to them about things thats mainly why i posted...any ideas of how i can slowly educate my mom or something then let her know or something

13. That's the best advice right there. I was in that situation when I was 21. I learned to keep quiet about the subject. Throw in a cent or two if the subject came up, but I never brought it up. Still dont. As time goes on and you grow and become an adult ( hopefully not a loser (no-can)) your mom will see the light. It will take time though. Been working my mom slowly for almost 20 yrs now. I'm sure in 20 yrs we'll sit and have a rational discussion, maybe even fire a J.

Good Luck....

ALWAYS HI :smoking:

14. #14 EnemyOfTheState, Mar 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2009
  15. Haha, thats kinda clever dude.

but yea

My mom never cared that i smoke weed, and I even got her to for the first time in 6 years and she drove me to get a half o of dank for my 17th birthday. She used to chill with me and friends and smoke, haha, she he was a mega lightweight That was a while ago and she don't do that no more though... :(

but if your parents wont accept it
    i'd recommend dont say shit ever
    but if they theyre quotin bullshit facts, just correct them

16. Do your parents drink Alcohol?
    More people die of Alcohol then any other illegal drug combined, tell them that fact.
    Tell them how many people have died from smoking Marijuana and that would be 0.
    Tell them its safer to smoke a joint a day than walk around NY City getting all the carbon Monoxide emmitions.

Hope that helps, cos thats the paragraph I use to shut close-minded people up.

17. Yah my parents were like yours at one time, until I approached them and told them just how much weed I smoke instead of denying it all the time. They now tolerate it. I showed them a $250 vaporizer that I bought and educated them about it. :) Just be straight up with your parents, and tell them the reasons why you think it doesnt "fry" your brain and lead you to harder drugs..

18. yeah I deal with that shit too man

I OWN them in EVERY weed conversation and they change the subject...

but they still say I need to be 21

also my uncle is a wreck of a man due to alcohol and they immidiately link that to me being a crackhead in the future because I smoke bud...

19. my best advice is try to inform them about it. you can compare the health risks and death rates of marijuana to alcohol. like how there have been no reported deaths of marijuana use, and how it's better than alcohol. alcohol is more of a gateway drug than marijuana is too. but before you inform them about it, make sure you get all your facts right too.

and you should tell them that you smoke. i hid it from my parents too until i got busted when i was 16, but my parents smoke too so they didn't care at all.

if you tell them they might like the fact that ur being honest with them and not keeping secrets. and prove that it's not bad

20. Ask them about the effects of it and if they've ever been around someone on marijuana. Then drop the bombshell "Well it's obviously not that bad if i've been smoking (however long you have) and you haven't noticed anything abnormal about me."