My own grow journal.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by WaterSandwich, Jan 24, 2011.

1. This is my first official attempt at growing indoors so feel free to bring it with the criticism. First off, the strains. I tried growing a few bagseeds but quickly found out how scrub ass that is. SO, I have procured seeds from an oldhead grower in my area. He gets all of his seeds from reputable sources both online and from magazines. He supplied me with seeds he has personally been breeding for the past 5 years. 2 of the seeds are a White Rhino x Northern lights 2 breed and the other 2 seeds are a Purple Kush x Skunk 1 breed. As of today all four seeds have sprouted and are under 24 hour 400 metal halide. I plan on switching it to 18/6 within the next few days. I don't have much experience with nutrients but I was told to try out the Techniflora Recipe For Success kit. So I bought it.

Basically I plan on turning at least 2 into mother plants. I would like to attempt a SOG grow or a SCROG grow using clones. I will be uploading pictures this week.

Bottoms up!

2. For seedlings I wouldnt use that 400MH just yet. All I use are either some daylight CFL`s or my T5 grow light if it isnt being used. As for nutes I use the same and I dont use them till the seedlings are atleast 2 weeks old and have their second set of regular leaves, not the little round ones they start out with.

3. Here are pics of the one budding plant we have had going for a little while. Just two 75 watt fluorescents. Some of the leaves are curling under...not quite sure if thats bad.

Attached Files:

• 088.jpg
      088.jpg
      File size:
      313.5 KB
      Views:
    • 089.jpg
      089.jpg
      File size:
      362.9 KB
      Views:
    • 094.jpg
      094.jpg
      File size:
      362.1 KB
      Views:
  4. These next pictures are of the little guys I got from those 4 seeds I talked about in my introduction. 2 are looking rough and two are looking kind of stretched so I am trying to remedy the situation....help. :D

Attached Files:

• 095.jpg
      095.jpg
      File size:
      352.7 KB
      Views:
    • 096.jpg
      096.jpg
      File size:
      318 KB
      Views:
    • 097.jpg
      097.jpg
      File size:
      408 KB
      Views:
    • 098.jpg
      098.jpg
      File size:
      398.2 KB
      Views:
    • 099.jpg
      099.jpg
      File size:
      363.3 KB
      Views:
    • 100.jpg
      100.jpg
      File size:
      332.3 KB
      Views:
    • 101.jpg
      101.jpg
      File size:
      356.3 KB
      Views:
    • 102.jpg
      102.jpg
      File size:
      376.5 KB
      Views:
  5. I would have switched the light but I feel like they will be big enough for the mh soon. As for the nutes, I used them on a plant I've had going for a little bit and it seems to be working pretty well.

6. Your pics are kinda on the blurry side. The two little round leaves will naturaly die off but they shouldnt be at that size. How often are you watering them and are they under your 400 watt light and what are your temps at?

7. watering once a day but it dries out pretty fuckin quick. and yes, they are under the 400watt. 80 degrees but I just put 2 more fans in today.

8. When would be a good time to tie it down if I were to attemp a little LST?

9. So much for the help, I guess...

10. #10 tplat, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2011

When they get bigger also depends on how tall you want to grow them. I dont LST mine till they hit about 3-4 feet and the lower branches start getting less light due to the upper growth. My next grows both indoor and out I am looking into doing a scrog set up where you make a frame then use either gardening string or weedeater line to make a net over them with large sqaure holes for the branches and leaves to grow through, its supposed to keep the top growth more uniform in height. Do a search on You Tube for LST and scrog, you can get a better idea of what and when to do either.

11. Yea I read up on it. I'm totally scroggin' it! Efficiency at its finest!

12. Youtube also has some really good do it your self grow videos on how to make stuff like scrog screens and such.

13. Here are the plants at day 12. I'd have to say that so far its looking good. The only thing is that the temp is floating right around 90 degrees.

Attached Files:

14. Here we have the plant that I've had flowering for about a month. 150 watts of cfl and nutes once a week.

Attached Files:

15. I had this haze plant under 12/12 for about 2 weeks trying to determine the sex. I believe it is female. But fuck, I'm a newb.

Attached Files:

16. You need to find a way to get your temps down, 90 degress is to hot. My previous indoor grow it got upto 93 degrees in the grow room and I lost a few branches. For plants that small I use either CFL`s or my T5 grow light till they get bigger then yours. What are you growing in and what kind of ventalation do you have in in to draw warm air out and cool frersh air in?

17. We can get it down to 78 degrees by leaving the door open during the day while the light is on. We are growing in soil I picked up from HTG. I can't remember what it is called but it came in a camo bag. We have 2 fans up top and one fan at the bottom of the door to keep air circulating.

18. What kind of fans are you using and how big is your grow space? As for soil it sounds like your using Roots Organic brand, they come in camo colored bags.

19. I have 2 small fans on top of the reflector and another small turbine style fan to circulate are throughout the room. and the dimensions of the clossetare 50" wide X 18" deep X 6' tall.

20. Sounds like your just moving air around and not really exchanging it. You want a fan near the top to exhaust hot air out of the grow box and an air intake opening near the bottom of the grow space for fresh cooler air to be pulled in.