my outdoor grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by gr0wer, Jun 19, 2003.

1. yeah sorry grO! real quick jack... he's a mastiff/shepard basically mutt, but who cares? love em anyways!

2. cool dog dread! Are you gooing to give outdoors a try again mabey next year?

I decided that im going to go another week mabey two because i thought it was going to rain today, and its only going to be light showers then a week of clear skys. I know this plant is much more mold resistant then my other plant simply because it hasnt been stressed and its far from any lakes ect so the humidity is lower. But just to make sure i will check in on her on monday prepared to harvest if mold is a problem. Do you think i will have to flush her if i ferted 2 waterings ago with miracle grow 15-30-15 then i watered just plain water, then the last time i ferted oranic with wood ash (K) and bone meal (1-11-0). Do you think the chem ferts are out of it and spent since ive used water and organics or does it build up and needs to be flushed? The plant i harvetsed last week was showing signs of N deffeciency mildly but nothing close to a all out flush with many yellowing leaves.

3. good buds from the moldy plant.. and yes that is a full sized lighter... not a mini lighter.. LOL

Attached Files:

4. Bad moldy partialy trimmed buds and trim for hash. One full oz. is in the jar so its about 1.5-2 oz total moldy buds and trim and about 1/2 oz good buds.

Attached Files:

5. one last pic of the bad mold plant harvest.

Attached Files:

6. For drying and curing my bud if you guys are wondering, i dried for one day with all the leaves on them hung in a closed cardboadrd box. Then trimmed all the buds yesterday and left the box closed then last night i opened it up half way for about 8 hours and then this morniing they went into a paperbag for curing. they are still a bit moist and not ready for jars yet so they will be in the bag until they are more dry and i find a jar or container the right size for them. I left all the stems on all them to make the cure take longer making it a better smoke.

7. and if you noticed all but one main cola is moldy and most of the good buds are lower popcorn nugs.

8. Up close pics (took a few tries)

Attached Files:

9. This bagseed strain has a nice amount of crystals. I will have to see how the potency is.

Attached Files:

10. thanks shade, im quite proud myself. I take that buds in LA are good. There nice looking buds just a bit on the airy side, but its the resin that counts and they got tons of it :D

11. Yea and to think these buds came from a seed out of the shwagiest shit out there.

12. thanks grO! yeah i do want to take it outdoor next year, but my dilema is i havent a bike at least not yet. i feel the best way to scout a place out would be a couple months before the grow. i also live in a concrete jungle. really sucks, im pretty sure though to the south of me there are woods. somewhere. lol. i could always go to were i moved from, but thats about 40 miles away, so it would be hard to get to that location which could be good and bad.

and now about your harvest, congradulations! and sorry for the moldy shit, but it looks like you still came out on top! that jar you got, is that dried yet? and how long are you leaving them brown bagged? are you curing for a full 3 weeks?

what happened though with the mold problem? is it explainable or was it due to sucky weather this year?

13. The mold was simply location, and bad luck with about 4 days of straight musky rain perfect for colonization....LOL The spot is about 15 feet from a large lake that most likley brings the humidity up a bit to high. The humidity was causing a bit of white mold spots on the leaves mid through flower. I was pulling buds that were moldy adn i think this stresses her a bit making it ever less mold resistant. Also i think the spot started to get shaded by trees because of the suns angle. but i never check on that one because i could never get out to the plants mid day because i was either at school or recovering durring the weekends from teh previous night :D. This spot would work awsome with a mid-early finishig strain, a long ass flowering bagseed sativa or jack horror would work best further back in the clearing.

I didnt move the plant where it should be because I dont want to make any trails leading to the individual plants and that may give away next years grow wich is much more important. Next year im going to have irrigation so i only have to get to the pipes then pump the water and maby add ferts so the plants will look like ther just growing naturaly no paths going to each plant witha clearing aroun dit from stopmping around the plant watering and inspecting ect. Im going to run most of the pipes through the water so i dont have to burry allot of pipes.

14. With the curing i cut teh buds off the stems today because they were dry and i put the buds into a jar. they moistened up a biut too much and went back into the bag for another day. Its only a half oz of good ud from that plant i measuered it on a postal scale i have. Ihave one question on drying the buds. They are airy so should i compress the weed a bit now while its wet or sticky or wait til later in the drying process? or should i jet leave it fluffy till i put it ino oz bags and just have it compress itself. the buds look allot nicer when they are a bit tighter so im doing thsi for bag appeal. Also i realized the hairs break off when i compress it while there 1/4 wet so i dont think thats the best meathod.

15. buds :D left is ~1.5oz partialy moldy buds, right is ~1 oz trim and small buds, and center is 1/2 oz of good buds (all weighed on shitty postal scale). Remember, this is only the shitty small plant with the mold problem. Theres still allot more buds out there on my big plant getting even fatter! :D

Attached Files:

16. closeup

Attached Files:

17. pics of my other plant i had to put the main cola and 1/2 of teh cola on the right front because of some mold from rain. Some of the buds and leaves are starting to turn purple :D I flushed today and will be harvesting later this week.

Attached Files:

18. bud shot

Attached Files:

19. more buds

Attached Files:

20. side shot

Attached Files: