My Outdoor Grow Question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by meltynet, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Hello,

I'm here today to ask you all a question about my medical marijuana plant that i'm growing out side!

It's been growing inside for 1 month, then I took it out side for another 1-2 months, so its been a good 2-3 months of growth. Its starting to show it's sex and maturity by it creating its pistols(pre-flower).

Now after the 4th node, its now creating pre-flower on each node above(~5) and i think i see more then just 2 pistols is it possible that its starting to bud, with it being summer still?

Thanks, please anyone answer if you know :)

Happy Growing!

2. As soon as the plant senses that time is getting shorter it will start flowering. That said, It takes much longer then just flipping it to 12/12 like an indoor grow. It's a pretty subtle change outdoors. Also depends on your latitude. I'm at 44 and I'm just starting to see the plants stretch. I think they will be in full flower in early August.

Ok, well my latitude is 42 so, when would it start flowering?

4. It'll flower a little sooner then mine would, but probably not so you'd really notice. Here's a site that tells you your daylight hours based on latitude or location. http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/Dur_OneYear.php

Latitude isn't everything though, strain is a factor, location of grow is a factor. I have a wide open southern exposure in my back yard and catch literally every ray of sunlight there is. I'm also growing Indica's which have a shorter flower period (about 8 weeks) versus Sativa (about 10 weeks). You should start seeing the pistils really popping in the next week or two.

Yea, im growing a indica that says it has a flowering period of 6-8 weeks, and its getting medium to high amounts of sunlight.

6. I'm growing Indica also. Mine are stretching and starting to show some pistils, but by early August we should both be in full bloom. Should be ready to harvest in late September, early October at the latest.

7. Alright my man, thanks for the help and info!

8. I meant to add a picture:

2014-07-18 17.29.01.jpg

9. This site is all about sharing information!

Dang mine are no where near that tall or big, mine is only 31 inches tall, lol, but seeming its gonna flower, it will be double that size right?

11. Yeah they stretch a lot, yours should end up 4.5 to 5 ft tall easy. I built those frames to support the cola's. They get huge and can break branches if not supported. That's a GOOD problem to have!

Haha, yea, your gonna get a huge yield out of your plant, and there gonna be huge!

13. There's nothing like growing pot in the summer!

14. What are the box frames for?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

He said it ^

16. Not only for support. I can also through a tarp over the plants if we get a big rainstorm. Once the bud's form I don't want them getting soaked.