My organic garden

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Rastawhite, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Just moved them all to there new pots need more soil coming soon

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  2. Good looking plants, I would recommend some mulch as soon as you can.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Can you lower light reduce stretching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. The light is only 2 feet from top of plant

• Like Like x 1
  5. What kind of mulch

6. Try 17”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Dry Sift Box and The Clamshell

7. Organic mulch, leaves, bark, rice hulls, straw, depends on what's available to you, I like dried fan leaves dried comfrey and alfalfa straw, a good mulch will work/feed the soil food web.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 2nd this mulch or cover crop is a must

9. What’s food web?

10. I gotta add mulch after I get my shipment of soil again

11. #11 TL.OG34, Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    The food web hes talking about is the life in your soil. This includes microbes,fungi,nematodes, protozoa,worms,larvae, arthropods, insects,spiders,ect...they all are part of this food web every organism plays a role in breaking down organic material, some of these organisms will eat one another. When all the life in your soil is thriving and have the right conditions to flourish the human element becomes irrelevant. In other words rather than trying to play God and force feed your plants your allowing the life in your pots or beds to do all the work. The resuls are beautiful healthy plants that are growing as if they are in nature as mother earth intended.

This is what my pots look like the clover is a living mulch and shades the topsoil keeping it moist and providing an ideal habitat for worms
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Results are happy green plants with little effort no need to PH or calculate ppm or force feed your plants everything they need is provided by the living soil

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. the soil food web is the microbiology that is created in an organic soil that that feeds your plants and your plants provide nutrients to the soil creating the soil food web.
    Or something like that.
    If you have a good quality organic soil mix like this oneThe Old Soap Box you will have a living organic soil utilizing the soil food web.

• Like Like x 2
  13. That's why when you topdress your kelp, Earth worm castings,crab meal etc.. your not feeding your plants, your feeding your soil, keeping it alive.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Yea that’s how my soil is just add water

• Like Like x 2
  15. Does any one have a good brand of mulch I should bye

16. Usually bagged mulch from home depot or garden store have dyes and chemicals stuff is pretty toxic ive worked with it at landscape yard that made mulch its nasty stuff id stick with straw or barley or bark mulch

17. So like playground wood chips? lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. Non dyed "bark" mulch. Have had great luck with 'Greens mix', its sold at Lowes.
    cheers
    os

19. Can you bury trimmings in the corner of the garden for composting? Like a compost pile in the corner of the garden, or will that attract pests to the richness?

20. You can just mulch/top dress trimmings like fan leaves and well chopped stems.
    Cheers
    Os

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1