my opinion on BO2

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by astro_righteous, Nov 16, 2012.

1. ill admit im kind of a COD snob. its the only FPS i really play. i have played others, but i dont own them because after playing at a friends house or renting them, i decide not to buy them because it just doesnt hit me where i want it to. just wanted to put that out there so you can't say i dont have anything to compare against.

after getting black ops 1 i was kind of disappointed, and i think most of the people who were in regards to that title specifically would say very similar things: graphics were a step back, the credit system thing was dumb, and the gameplay was slightly off par. nevertheless, i played the shit out of it.

with that opinion in mind i kinda had the bad taste in my mouth with treyarch. so even though i was sure as shit going to get BO2 i had the feeling i would be let down in some areas, but still enjoy it in the long run.

sure enough i am right. and here is why-
    ill start with the story. i finished it last night, and i took my time in recruit difficulty just so i can get a feel for it and know what to expect when i play veteran. the story was a little hard to follow at first just cuz it had some back story that i had forgotten about since 2 years ago. i wasnt always sure who that kid was. when things started coming together it wasnt like one of those "oh wow, now i get it" moments like you get in some movies. it was just like they should have made that a little more clear from the beginning.

the story itself was ok, but again a little far fetched for what it was. i wont spoil, but you know, some guy gets mad at a country and dedicates his life to getting back, played out imo. but the capabilities he had, and what he knew about super advanced computer systems, and they didnt really give any back story on that. yeah right.

i didnt like how they focused so much on the character story. did anyone notice they never once said anything about a "Black Ops" mission? i like in the first one it was based relatively on historically accurate events that have real files behind them. and i understand that BO2 is set in the future, and they added the past missions to get that feel, but never did it feel the same as BO1. they added Patreus as the secretary of defense. i know it was way too late to change that, but its already out of date info so no harm done.

as for the zombies, its pretty much the same thing, different maps, different strategy. i have only played one match online, and one solo, if and when i play more ill get better not worried that it will let me down.

multiplayer is now a new issue. i have yay and nay to say about it.
    graphically its nice, i like that the color its nicely blended so that you actually can blend into the environment a little better. why would you go to war and not adopt colors of the host country's neutral shades. there is an overwhelming amount of guns, that pretty much have similar characteristics.

i dont like the challenge system, harder to track your challenges with this crap menu they did. i dont know if i like/dislike the fact they no matter what weapon you use it on, as long as you get a kill with an attachment, it counts all around. thats different, i do know i have thought about what it would be like if that was the case, instead of having to unlock it with every gun, but i dont know if im on board 100%, maybe they could have sold it better to me by allowing me to easily check my challenges for it.

the league play thing is neat. but i noticed that you dont get as much points for the league games as you do for the regular public matches. its a nice concept though. but i dont get why it changes your league if you happen to not be doing so well for a few matches. i went form gold to silver. unless they think i was doing better and they have the military theory with the rank structure that "gold is good, silver is superior". whatever. not feeling that.

the score streak system is new, and its ok, but i dont like that as you hit a challenge, it doesnt give you points towards it. at least i havent noticed it. i think to improve on that, they could add a recognition system that gives you a couple more points for having a unique kill, like a bank shot with a grenade, thru an object. irrelevant. but im not completely sold on that either, but its experimentation, and you cant blame them for it being too bad cuz its a step forward.

i wish they kept it like in MW3 where you can select a different streak for each class. because i actually did use different loadouts for different maps. im not going to use too much air support for mostly covered maps. and you dont really know what map you will be on until its too late and you cant switch stuff on the fly as easy in this one, again because of the shit menu they have.

the hit detection is still fucked. a headshot is a headshot. not, let me finish my clip into your head and the last bullet maybe kill you. its one and done. end of story. i will say i have been getting more headshots this game than previously.

overall, its good. not great. ill play, but i foresee a few controllers being smashed.

lets get your opinions.

2. I like it. Graphics are great, gameplay is pretty fluid. I only fuck with multiplayer tho, cant say anything about the other gamemodes

3. Played it and im just as dissapointed in it as all the other cods.

When in fucks sake are they gonna make the games more unique?

They need more umph, and new gameplay additions. Not just new maps and guns.

Really frustrates me because the CoD series is holding back the FPS genre substantially.

4. they wont. They are like madden they wont add anything new they will make the same thing every year because they know they will make plenty of money off it

5. my first cod was black ops. loved it. then came mw3 and i hated it. and now black ops 2 feels a lot like mw3 but they took out some of the bullshit like final stand and ghost

6. My ps3 disk kept freezing over and over and i couldnt play online and now it wont read my disk at all. Its fucked, clean af disc brand new wtf treyarch cannot code shit on playststion they suck balls. IW games are much smoother and actually work!!! FUUUKKK 3arc

7. I haven't enjoyed a Call of Duty game since CoD 4. Something about World at War and the games that came after it were simply disappointing. That being said, after watching my roommate play Black Ops 2, I was a little intrigued. When he went to bed, I picked it up and was more pleased with it than I have been with any of the previous 4 releases. I played for a few hours (despite not being a console owner) and enjoyed it quite thoroughly. I decided today that I would pick it up for the PC. It's a vast improvement in my opinion from again, the last 4 releases.

I was surprised that Treyarch decided to take some risks. It wasn't the same ol' same ol' Call of Duty like the previous games. It isn't a fantastic play like 4 was and it doesn't even come close to touching the greatest of the first few releases of the franchise, but it's a great direction in my opinion.

I know consoles have been having server issues, but amazingly on PC, I haven't ran into a single one aside from my wireless adapter giving me issues every once in a while. It feels a little less arcade like and more like a legitimate fps. I'll always be biased to the arena styles of Unreal, Quake, and the like, so it's not my ideal shooter, but I'll continue grinding it out. I'm pretty positive I'll get my $60 worth of this game in the upcoming weeks alone.

Hopefully everyone finds a bit of pleasure in this despite where your biases lie. It has potential and shouldn't be overlooked simply because it's a sequel in a rather disappointing (as of recently) franchise.

8. ghost is still there