My Oopsie

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by c0jeffc0, May 11, 2015.

1. Well, i made an oopsie. I topped my cannabis plant and pruned off all growth except the top two leaves under the "top point" 

All was well, the plant still healthy. One day later two growth nodes sprouted out, however i did not know they were important so i cut them off. Now i have a plant with ZERO growth nodes. Am i fucked, or will the plant somehow figure out what is wrong and make a new shoot or top node?

2. So are you saying that now you have a green stick with two leaves on top and everything else has been cut off?

Sounds like you're a bit scissor-happy, lol. Why would you trim everything under the top point? It's in veg, so just let it grow. Those leaves are important. Just let it grow until you're a lot closer to flipping.

How old is it? How tall? Pics would be really helpful here. 

As long as the plant is still alive it should grow more, but severe trimming like that is traumatic. It'll hopefully come back, but just put the scissors down for a while and let it grow.

3. You topped before the growth tips were showing? I've always known that to be a no-no, but maybe I'm wrong on that. Keep it going for another week or so and see if it gets bigger and new growth tips. I main-lined some of my plants which usually involves the same pruning you are mentioning. I usually leave a few extra leaves for the first few days.

Unless you are trying the flux technique, its best to let it grow a few nodes above where you are going to top to, that way the growth tips are a decent size by the time you get to topping.

4. LOL. I'm high as hell reading this and laughing because on my 2nd grow, I did something similar.

5. Lol you lolipopped a young in... You should be just fine to promote new bottom growth just take the vary top of the plant and stake it down at pot level with a paper clip or hanger price when you do this it will release hormones that will make new growth spurt from below. I had to trim my undergrowth on my dpoison plant due to infestation I just staked he down and new growth was there in 24 hours

6. Can't we get a pic for shits and giggles

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Without a picture to know for sure it sounds like you screwed yourself. If you topped the plant and removed all other growth and branches from the plant you need those two branches that form from the top node to continue the plants growth. Much like if you were going to run a manifold grow. But if you also then cut off those 2 shoots which would become your new "tops" then you have no where for new growth to form. Let's hope there is a lower node with branches that had not formed yet so you didn't have the chance to cut them off. If not then time to start a new seed.

8. thank you all for the replies. good news is that i didnt cut two of the nodes off fully from lower down, so those are sprouting again. Now im curious if they will turn into FIM colas. Ill keep you guys updated if you want. ill try to get some pics up as it progresses.

9. #9 c0jeffc0, May 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015

i went ahead and bent the stem over, and staked the plant down with a twist tie. im wondering if i should make a pinhole or a cut in the stem to get to to make a good decision? At this point i dont really care about the plant beyond being an experiment.

10. Don't put a hole in it otherwise water won't transpire to the rest of the plant and it'll just die just keep her tied down and she should show u some goodness in 7 days or less

11. plz post pics. zzzzz

12. #12 c0jeffc0, May 12, 2015
    oh fine, in a moment

EDIT: i ant figure out how to attach files..... help me... please.......help

13. imgur.com then upload the pic, and copy the BBCODE,  [ img]link to the picture.jpeg[/img ]

14. #14 SomeRandomNewb, May 12, 2015
    from what ive read but since its 1st grow ive learned to just LITFA havent tried but alot of people top 4th node and every 4th node after that. not sure if this is 100% accurate and each grower will do different but sound's like you need to hide the scissors. 

15. When replying hit more reply option ten it'll have that browse file and attach file button at the bottom

16. cfledirty, you rock man, helping me with all my questions. Can I add you? too late, added you.

Attached Files:

17. new sprouts are growing in nicely. Thanks everyone.

18. Hell yeah I love it when I can help even though I only have a few grows under my belt I grew up around marijuana cultivation my father had plants growing indoors since the early 90s so I know a lot about the basics of how plants behave