My (not so small) grow box WIP

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by iEatYourGreens, Sep 25, 2016.

1. I framed it, put top on, bottom on, one side and 4 rubber caster wheel.

The half sheet of plywood is only there for stabilization when I have to flip it on its sides.

[​IMG]
    :icgreen:

2. What's the tube in the middle of the box all about

(+};-]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Do you have fresh air inlets ?

4. Do you have fresh air inlets ?

5. Haven't drilled the inlets yet, just finished the box. Will do ventilation before mylar goes in.

6. Looks like a roll of Mylar

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yup. 100 and something sqft of mylar.

8. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Wiring up sensors, relays and lights.

9. You're quite handy , wood butcher .

10. I still need to frame up a proper door instead of 2 pieces of plywood with a random a assortment of different and some too small hinges.

The top and bottom meters have built in 12v relays that are triggered @ a specified temp. So I can use one to trigger something if the temp is too high and one of the temp is too low.

11. [​IMG] [​IMG]

So glad I buy heat-shrink tube and crimp connectors from China.
    4$ worth from China would cost me like 50$ if I bought locally.

12. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Almost ready! :Love-Plant:

• Like Like x 1
  13. sweet setup!

• Like Like x 1
  14. [​IMG]

Works good so far. Think the box will actually be able to keep the room at a nice temp during winter, but next summer I will have to build some kind of swamp cooler or something.

• Like Like x 1
  15. They are easy to make and effective in dry areas. I was able to get an average 17F drop in temp over the hottest time of the summer.

Check out my 1st Indoor*** https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1416540/

16. My only issue now, is knowing when to transplant. The last time I did it, there wasn't enough roots and I basically wound up planting roots and sweeping up dirt. lol