My Northern Lights CFL Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Donk0420, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Just started my first indoor grow.
    Using 4 100watt CFL and a 150 watt CFL.
    Planning on adding more as it grows and making a hood. I am using miracle grow soil unfortunately. 1 plant has popped today and the other I'm sure will follow by tomorrow. Here are some pics.

Attached Files:

2. Added the home made hood.
    Hopefully it will help.
    Will add Mylar down the road.

Attached Files:

3. A bit bigger in half a day.

Attached Files:

4. Hey, hows it going? I just started my Northern Light grow too..you using feminized or regular seeds? I will be watching to see how things go....good luck.

5. I am using non feminized since they were cheaper and just crossing my fingers. I may buy some auto flower or fem seeds next. Thanks for checking in !

6. Day 2 growth.

Attached Files:

7. Thats cool, its a good thing you are growing more than 1 plant then because when I first started growing I was only growing 1 at a time they always turned out to be male plants.

8. Day 3 veg progress

Attached Files:

9. Added some reflective mylar panels today.
    Yup it's ghetto but this is a budget CFL grow so we will see what happens. Also added another 150w CFL and ballast.

Attached Files:

10. Day 4
    I transplanted into better bigger pots and used organic soil instead of miracle grow.
    I was seeing some stress on the leaf of one plant.

Attached Files:

11. Day 8 thanksgiving.

Attached Files:

12. Subbed.

Good call transplanting, ive heard some bad things about miracle grow...

What space are you growing in?

13. Closet grow. I want to separate the closet and start a veg/clone side and a flower side. I may make that project after the holidays.

14. Day 9 looking good.

15. Here's the pic I forgot on day 9.

Attached Files:

16. Those look great...keep it up. :D:

17. Day 10 veg

Attached Files:

18. Day 11 veg

Attached Files:

19. Idk if someone said this, btu those aren't 100w, that's their equivalent to a norml incandecent. But really you should get a hps, the harvests from cfls aren't very good, very fluffy and thin. You could get a 150w even and you'd be straight, I used to use a 150w all in one sunsystem for $90, but with this you might need to use an inline fan or a squerel cage fan. Or I've seen some great pc fans that you could just attach right onto the hood, you would prob need around 200 cfm on those but they can be very cheap

20. How does this look?

Attached Files: