My new speakers & head unit

Discussion in 'General' started by PeacefulStoner, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Just bought a new head unit and speakers for my 96 mustang.

I was on a budget and i still am gonna get a subwoofer sometime in the next few weeks but i think that they are really nice. I got em from crutchfield (awesome site).

Ups just dropped off my headunit a few minutes ago and my speakers should come tomorrow or later today because i had to do the order seperate.

JVC KD-R820BT
    [​IMG]

JL Audio TR525-CXi
    [​IMG]

KS Series 5-1/4" component speaker system
    [​IMG]

2. Very nice equipment man, you gonna amp the speakers? I had a pair of Alpine Type R 6.5's and Type S 5.25's for speakers and after I put an amp on them they really came alive, twice as loud and much clearer compared to the HU power....Also what are you thinking for sub(s)? As you can prolly tell I'm into this car audio shit:eek: Lol...

3. I was gonna hook it up and see how it runs without an amp and if it seems like its struggling then im gonna throw on a 500 watt alpine amp and as for the subwoofer im still looking at what kind im gonna get but i was gonna go with 2 10'' ported and put them in my trunk. Any suggestions? And its alright i'm into it too lol :smoke:

4. I really want to amp my front and rear speakers. I low wattage should do the trick. My 4000 watt subs overpower them.

5. Yeah thats a good idea man, but as for subs I can recommend the Alpine Type R series ( I like Alpines shit:eek:) a pair of Type R 10's in a ported box will slap pretty good if you put a good amp on 'em. I had a pair of 12's getting 500 Rms each in a big ported box and that shit absolutely banged, very nice subs for the money. Otherwise I would look into like DC audio Level 3's or some Sundown Audio SA-10's, both are some very nice subs that arn't to ridiculously priced.
    Yeah I was really surprised when I amped my speakers, I just happened to get a good deal on and older Alpine 4 chan so I was like, shit mite as well throw it on 'em. And they sound excellent! What kinda subs do you have?

6. 2 MTX 12s. I also have a Kenwood head unit, 2 alpine 8 x 10s in the back and 2 Boston 6 x 9s in the front.

7. My speakers are only 5-1/4'' :( i could fit bigger ones but i would have to cut into my paneling and i don't wanna do that.
    I think that they'll sound good though

8. I second the type R's thats what i have right now. I plan on upgrading when funds allow me too. I'm thinking a DC level 5 and aq3500 to get that bitch slappin'

9. Huh-huh-huh-huh. "Head unit."

10. Hey do you guys think that if i plug in my ipod through the usb port on the head unit instead of the aux, will i be able to charge my ipod & play it at the same time?

That would be awesome, because i have a car charger for my ipod but i hate to have cords going everywhere in my car

11. It might work, i have a alpine HU and i have the Ipod connection from the back and it charges my ipod classic but i doesn't charge my friends ipod touch. :confused:

12. I'm thinking it will, I'm pretty sure i read on the site when i bought it that it will charge and play it. And i have the classic too, i like touches but i just use mine for music, i don't need anything fancy with games and what not. Plus i have almost 11,000 songs so i need a lot of room.

13. Yeah I have my classic for the same reasons you do...and i have my droid x for games and shit like that

14. JL sounds good and its a good product but i would NEVER spend the money.
    The W7 12 costs like $1000, i could get a DC level 5 or a nightshade for less and it would be able to handle over twice the power.

15. Word, you could almost get TWO DC level 5's for the price of a W7. Or pair of Level 4's for less than a W7. I mean JL makes nice shit, but damn they are expensive. Better product for less $ > Good product for more $

16. Thats why I would buy a W6 or something similar. I dont have room, money, or power for a W7. lmao

17. Whats your budget? Do you already have an amp, if so what kind? I paid 600 for brand new type R's and a Alpine M-1k amp. I ordered all of that of amazon. if i were you i'd look into sundown, dc, alpine, audioque, or some other brands that don't rape you up the ass.

18. Update: Speakers came today, gonna install them tomorrow.

[​IMG]

Head unit came yesterday and i put it in today.
    [​IMG]

Head unit looks badass, you can either put it on a solid color or theres different color modes where itll keep changing. Obviously it looks solid in the picture but in person i think its awesome at night lol.