My New Roor (Pics)

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Reggae420, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Ok so either
    1. Its fake, its a good fake, but its still a fake and I'm supposed to believe that solely because you say so.

2. You do not have intimate working knowledge about the day to day goings on of roor us and de blowers, and some configurations of RooR pipes are completely new to you and you just haven't seen this configuration before.

The more likely of the two is #2

2. My exact first thought

3. OP, how does it hit?

This will answer and end everything.

4. I've seen plenty of fake ROORs where there was only one or two things awry with the tube. You aren't giving counterfeiters near enough credit... probably because you haven't hunted down as many fakes as I have.

It has long been held as an obvious sign of a fake when a "ROOR perc" does not have a splash guard. I've seen every generation of ROOR percs... never one without a splash guard. Don't believe me... check this thread on TC. It's got a pic of pretty much every ROOR perc... ever. None without a splash guard... https://tokecity.com/forums/showthread.php4?t=2012&highlight=roor+arm&page=22

I actually know more than you imagine about ROOR simply because I've seen so many different pieces. If you really want to put a tube to the test post it over on TC in a ROOR thread. If I'm not right come back here and shout it from the hilltops... lol

I have no doubt you'll never get that opportunity... :cool:

5. #45 d8jango, Jan 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2010
    So this is what it boils down to, your e-penis is bigger than my e-penis? I was meerely pointing out that you may not know every last configuration of RooR out there. On top of that, this was likely a recently produced RooR so for all we know the configuration could have changed.

You sounded unsure of yourself about that splash guard on your last post, now you sound completely 100% positive. What changed?

Please, if you have vast experience spotting fakes, please do us all a favor and post in depth about the experience because we could all benefit from that. I'm not being sarcastic, everyone would benefit from an in-depth and comprehensive writeup, similar to the tacked one in this board.

I'm done posting about RooR's, too many people that claim to know everything about a market / industry that is largely undocumented and OP's completely willing to agree with every random person that calls their tube a fake without any logical discussion whatsoever.

BTW that thread on TC that you linked to, only the last 25 POSTS were from 2009, out of those 25, only 7 were posts of new roors. That seems quite outdated for me.

6. I'm gonna be honest, I don't know much about glass, I have been using a volcano and blunts for the past 2 years and this is my frist niece piece of glass. When everyone said that if there was no splash guard it was fake I believed them becasue I told myself they knew more about glass then I did. But you sound alot more convincing, is there any ohter pictures I could take to help you decide if its real or fake?

7. Ive hit alot of bongs cause I have tons of friends that sell (I dont think thats against the rules) and they all buy crazy pieces in the City. This one reminds me most of a Lux Beaker that I hit a while ago.

8. I'm holding a Rasta Label RooR right now and i'm 100% that is a fake RooR. The label looks completely fake in comparison to a real Rasta Label and there is no splash guard. Also 200$ would be really cheap for a perced Rasta label RooR. I think its just to good to be true man i'm sorry. If you really want the extra confirmation i would post it on TokeCity. But i'm positive you will get the same response there.

9. Not really. Just because it hits fine, doesn't make it any less fake. Like others have stated, the OP paid for a Roor because I'm assuming he knew that they are a respected company and he would be getting his money's worth; Roors quality control (same thickness throughout the beaker) as well as hitting OK. Addressing just the issue of his bong hitting fine neglects the fact that he was deceived, which in my mind is not cool. I'd rather support a true Roor blower than some blower who has the nerve to lie to their customers and still charge the normal price of a true Roor. Sorry to hear about your bong OP, but yes, ATLEAST it hits fine.

10. I know there have been pictures of real Roors posted and the link to identifying fake Roors. But if you could post that Roor you are holding maybe it will help some more? (I'm not doubting you, I just really think it would be beneficial to post it)

11. dammm.... alotta new Roor threads are nothing but fake vs legit debates. Thats a beauty of a tube bro. Hope you enjoy it for years to come.

12. Damn who gives a fuck. Its fine dude if it works great then use it.

13. read my comments a few post up. the issue isn't that it is a fake and wont function correctly, it is that they deceived him. no one likes to get ripped off.

14. any other opinions?

15. i own a rasta logo roor, the 100mL i got it from EDIT and i know its real. my buddy got his from EDIT too and i know his is real. your piece honestly looks a little fishy, but no one can keep up with the new things roor does.its just impossible.unless someone actuallypersonally knows a roor glass blower who would be willing to share this info with them,theres no way of knowing.so my advice to you is to enjoy that piece bro, you got it for the low.
    i mean you cant complain. all you do by worrying is frustrate yourself.

16. Yeah man well said, I am not worrying becasue the piece is a great piece no matter what, But after doing a ton of research I believe that this is a real roor, the main thing that people said is that the color of the logo is off, the logo is not surrounded by black, and there is no splash guard. I found out that they do not always make the rasta logo the same, depends on which country it is made in, and there are no splash guards on bongs where the perculator is over 10" from the top lip of the bong.

By the way, I named this bong Dr.Dank