My new rig....

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by tfunkadelic, Sep 23, 2007.

1. So my goal for the summer was to get a new bass of my own, because I had been using my friends Warwick for the previous year or so, and didn't want to go back to my Ibanez...

The day I brought it back to him I decided I'd check out guitar center on my way home just to see, and I ended up walking out with a Warwick Thumb 5 string used but in great condition for less than half the cost of new. With the money I saved I was able to get a new bass rig as well....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love it. :D

2. lay down a funky bass line man...sick bass and amp for sure. I hope you wake the neighbors on a daily basis with your rock. 5 strings are nasty, how long have you been playing? can you slap? I need to get a new bass too, mistake getting it at guitar center even though you got a good deal. Musician's Friend has much better deals most of the time.

3. http://sholnay.com/ul/files/3/recent funk.mp3

this is something I recorded about a year ago (I've been playing for about two years now)...sequenced the drums myself, also played saxophone...meant to add a solo sectoin and what not but never got around to it.

Not the same bass, and I don't have any yet with this new set up, but I feel this Thumb sounds better than the one I used in that recording. I'll put something together when I have the time.

4. Guitar Center and Musician's Friend are owned by the same company, so their prices are usually going to be similar. And an advantage of going to Guitar Center is that sometimes you can haggle and knock a few points off the price.

ETA: By the way, amazing looking bass

5. Damn dude, that Warwick is sexy. You know what kind of wood its got for a the body?

6. Ovangkol, according to Musician's Friend

7. Ahh i can hear the bass thump and the treble ring with every slap.

Im a guitar player, but ive dabbled in bass.

I really wish i could afford a rig like that, id get amazing in no time!

8. Thanks for all the kind complements everyone, I forgot that I had even made this thread!

9. Wow, that things beautiful. Congrats.