my new quote

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by tokerjoker313, Mar 30, 2009.

1. just thought of this one while I was bakin....im sure its been said before in some way, but this is my way.....

some say that intoxication changes who you are. But I say that sobriety changes who you are.

like we are our real seves when we are high, and when we are not than we put on a mask

2. Very nice! It's similar to (but not a copy of) "a drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts."

3. When I first realized a new perception of the way things are when I started getting high I had a similar quote that I wrote down.

Instead of when we are high we are our real selves and when were not we put on a mask, "We take off the mask revealing a new perception"

4. I've struggled with the idea that the sober me may not be who I am, but what it comes down to is intoxication alters your conscioussness. The real you and the high you are one in the same. Its just like adding red paint to blue paint and making purple. It's still paint.

5. I think that...our world is manipulated by those secret bastards with money and power. Our society pours images of hate, revenge, superiority, inferiority, judgment, cynicism, .etc into us through conditioning in the media, and how the real word is operated. We don't fall prey to these when we are high...we return to a more natural state.

I think that if the world started over we'd be high (minus the obvious drug effects).

6. How can you ever not be YOU?

Sure you travel to a different plane of existence when you use mind-altering drugs, but you are still you. You are still the consciousness that experiences that plane.

There is no permanent YOU in a single plane. Alcohol, LSD, pot, peyote, salvia, they all allow YOU to view the plane that YOU are in. You are not the plane of existence, rather the one who is experiencing it all.

7. I totally agree with your quote :)
    My friend and I always say to eachother that when we aren't high our thoughts are pretty stale, but when we are high we think on such a higher level. Thanks for posting this my friend:smoke:

Peace, Love and happy tokin'!