1. Win a Personalized Grasscity Stoner Kit! Subscribe to our Youtube for a chance to WIN!
    Dismiss Notice

My new indica

Discussion in 'Absolute Beginners' started by The Ripped One, Aug 17, 2002.

1. I started a new plant, it is an indica strain of something I am not exactly sure. I understand that Indicas go a little quicker then sativas...this is one of my first plants and I wanted to know if I wasn't looking for a HUGE first batch, what is the quickest it would take before I could take it to the flowering stage...
    Any help would be greatly appreciated...

2. Depending on the amount and type of light that you are using indoors, the growth rate can be greatly affected. If for example you are using HPS lights, with 20-24 hours of light for the vegetative cycle, you can cut your light back to 12/12 split in approximately 12-14 weeks. Make sure to top your plants and new shoots to keep heigth down, and bushing up. Once you cut back to the 12/12 light cycle, you will sex the plants after the 1st week to 10 days. Pull the males, and watch them flower. Depending on the strain, it is usually 8-12 weeks of budding. Whole cycle in 4 months to 5 months. Hope this helps!
  3. Indoors under HPS? anytime after the plant has reached 12" in growth, normally around the 4th/5th week and you can begin to force flower, then it takes approx 8 weeks flowering to harvest, then 1-2 weeks drying and the same time scale for curing.
    good luck

Grasscity Deals Near You