Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

My new indica

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by The Ripped One, Aug 17, 2002.

1. I started a new plant, it is an indica strain of something I am not exactly sure. I understand that Indicas go a little quicker then sativas...this is one of my first plants and I wanted to know if I wasn't looking for a HUGE first batch, what is the quickest it would take before I could take it to the flowering stage...
    Any help would be greatly appreciated...

~~Ryan~~

2. Depending on the amount and type of light that you are using indoors, the growth rate can be greatly affected. If for example you are using HPS lights, with 20-24 hours of light for the vegetative cycle, you can cut your light back to 12/12 split in approximately 12-14 weeks. Make sure to top your plants and new shoots to keep heigth down, and bushing up. Once you cut back to the 12/12 light cycle, you will sex the plants after the 1st week to 10 days. Pull the males, and watch them flower. Depending on the strain, it is usually 8-12 weeks of budding. Whole cycle in 4 months to 5 months. Hope this helps!

3. Indoors under HPS? anytime after the plant has reached 12" in growth, normally around the 4th/5th week and you can begin to force flower, then it takes approx 8 weeks flowering to harvest, then 1-2 weeks drying and the same time scale for curing.
    good luck