My new grow set up idea

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by t0ker33fa, Dec 6, 2010.

1. I like the tent...

i actually like the light... but its only 13 watts.... you need 100 watts minimum

thats seven lights at 30 dollars a piece.... do the math

this is why people go with HID

keep us posted

2. Aright thanks man, I'm new to LED so i wasn't to sure how many watts were needed. Ill havta look into HID.

3. How much do you have to spend or plant to on a light? That kit doesnt come with a hood or socket. Also how many plants do you plant on growing in your tent?

4. I'm planning on Lsting one plant, and i dont really have a set budget I'm just not trying to spend outrageous amount of money on a light. Ive used CFL in the past, but i don't really think it'd work with that tent.

5. I havent read much on the LED spotlights other then a few others thinking they are a waste of money. If only doing one plant I would look into a small 100 or 150 watt HID light or about 5 or 6 26 watt daylight CFL or even one of those higher wattage CFL grow lights.

6. Yeah i think ill have to spend a decent chunk of money and buy a quality 150w HID. If its worth going half way, might as well go all the way.

7. If going with that light I would check around your local hydro shops to see what they have on sale for that type of light. I have the Hydrofarm 4 foot 8 bulb set up like that and I paid $197.00 out the door, it was on sale. Might save you some moeny on shipping. An older guy I talked to at the hydro shop I goto said those work great for vegging a small number of plants but he plans on using a HPS light for flowering. flourescent lights tend to make the buds grow more airy then compared to HID HPS lights.