My "new" civic si..

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by lk250f, Apr 12, 2011.

1. So, i owned a bolt on Is300 5spd (exhaust, header, test pipe, intake, safc and cam gear) and little things here and there for looks. Decided to sell my IS (which i got a great price for) for an 07 Fiji blue civic si coupe. Love the car so far, stock though now... /: eventually my plans are an exhaust, intake, drop(not sure if i want springs or coils) and possibly flash pro if i wanna shell out the 700.. Oh well here are some pics of the car. Enjoy... VTEC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Idk what's better, your car or your camera.

3. v-tac YOO, but word nice car man.

4. camera? ohh my iphone 4? lol

5. bitch ah u 4 wheel?

crazy son

6. nice man im in the car market myself. either gonna get my moms jeep cherokee 5.7 liter for 8k or gonna get brand new honda accord or hyundai genessis. i just cant decide if buying a new car in the current market is worth i feel like the money would be much better invested a year or two down the rd with the huge jumps the aut industry is having right now.. any input go new or save money and take the old

7. in b4 thread is shit on..oh wait to late

lol @ eat, sleep, honda

[​IMG]

8. ^ dude, there's a right way and a wrong way to mod a civic. The way of the performance enthusiast and the ricer way. You make fun of the ricers.

Op's Civic is respectable.

9. OP's car is a Honda. Argument invalid

10. :rolleyes:

Hondas are good cars. I'd like to know why they aren't.

11. In a nutshell:

The constant war between the Domestics and the Japanese cars is a horribly uphill battle for the Domestics. American car companies have to pay for retirement, benefits, health insurance, etc. to every single person they employ. Toyota and Honda, however, do not have to pay for any of that. That is because their workers are not unionized. It costs GM roughly $5,000 more per car than Toyota or Honda.

And what really sickens me is that many people think of Toyota and Honda as more American than the big three. Why? Because The Japs make some cars in America. Yes, I said some. That's because many people are under the perception that Toyota and Honda make all their cars in America when in fact, they do not. Also, people put too much emphasis on where a car is built. The country where a car is built only gets roughly 20% of the profits. The other 80% goes back to wherever the company is from.

If GM goes under it will impact the U.S stock market so badly we could go into another depression. 80% of the Tundra profits go to Japan. We should outlaw Japanese cars like the Japanese outlawed American cars in Japan because they're scared we'll do to them what they did to us. The Big 3 have been trying to get into that market for decades and have been denied access by the Japanese government. We should do the same! We need a real American for president who will do this for us!

"Have you inbred mongrols not been punished enough? GM has always put out shit. This vehicle will be shit also. The only people who still like GM are the simpletons who have never tried anything else."
    First of all, is this not the perfect example of Toyota owners? Their view is so twisted, they think things are the exact opposite of how they actually are. He hasn't tried anything other than his precious Toyotas, and doesn't realize how great american cars are. I drove 9 different SUVS, some Japanese, some American, and the Saturn VUE blew them all away. He's too closed minded to even comprehend that a company can change. And believe it or not, GM was once the most powerful car company. Cadillacs were once Rolls Royce and Bentley copmetition, and Cadillacs were commonly the better option. This vehicle actually has the best seats i've ever felt next to Volvos. His last statement is so backwards, that you can fill in Toyota, and it becomes true, look:
    "The only people who still like Toyota are the simpletons who have never tried anything else."

Courtesy of my favortie website : Toyota Sucks! - Why Imports Suck

• Like Like x 1
  12. dude you are going to enjoy that car so much!
    the si has good power on top end and with some bolt-ons, they are like little pocket rockets that have some real bite to them and they handle absolutely fantastic. Enjoy the car my friend :hello:

13. #13 wreck47, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2011
    cool car man,what do you have planned to do to it? i just got a 92 240sx se last month,it had a cracked head so pulled the motor and got a imported sr20det from japan,its illegal in most states and im a herb guy that loves performance so it went hand in hand lol.but its a turbo motor from the nissan silvia's,i just put a full apexi exaust with a front mount intercooler and sqv blowoff valve.got a bunch of other odds and ends for it to but im not writing a book or trying to debo your thread lol.im a car guy though man your talkin my language.but goodluck with it yo.

14. oh i ment to say to bad it aint the 96-98 model because i have a bunch of parts laying around for one.i use to have a 96 that was slammed on wheels,had some bolt ons here and there but it was pretty fast.i had a vtec motor i was gona swap into it to but i totaled it out before i could really get into the project.miss that car

15. Just remember that it's not fast at all.

Displacement > vtec all day errday son

16. haha ohh, knew we had some domestic buggers.

17. Sweet family sedan bro. Its such a practical little car and perfectly safe for the loving family man. :smoke:

Stay high, one love.

18. So besides this economical view you have posted nothing as to why the car isn't a well made car. If you want to bring this argument up then please stop buying products that come from other countries....which is damn near impossible to do.

19. Get used to hearin the word RICER

20. #20 schultzy225, Apr 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2011
    Look at the logo on the car. I do try and buy every thing made it USA dumbshit. If I go to the store and I can buy a pencil made in USA or China, I will pick USA. If theres only Made in China, then I'll probably buy it because I need it and there is no other option.

We shouldn't sell another country's shit here if they won't let us sell ours in their country. Its their way of trying to corner the market somewhat so they can try to be on top.

Not to mention the cases of automotive spies from Japan coming over and working for the Big 3 then stealing their shit and going back to Japan