My mom wants to take me to a psychologist tommorow-I don't want to go

Discussion in 'General' started by Nirvana Man, Feb 2, 2009.

1. What do I do?

I havent really been talking to anyone for the past month, not even going out much, idk I just feel like I need a break from the world.
    For the past year I have been realizing who my REAL friends are, which arent many, she caught me with weed a few times and is convinced Im going crazy.

I know Im not crazy, I dont want to go

help

2. All a psychologist is going to do is convince you that you are depressed, and then put you on medications that you dont need.

3. dude my parents have used to send me to doctors and rehab all the time.
    You just gotta chill and lpook at it for face value. If you dont think you need help then lie and make them think your a good kid. I needed help though, and if you think you need it its mos. def out there.

Rehab helped me kick some nasty habits, it can save your life.

Still smoke some funk on a daily though :)

4. You're a man, tell her no.

If you're 18+ she can't make you go. And you won't fall for this trap either.

5. unless you are under 18 there isn't really much she can do...
    however if she threatens to cut you off or something then i would just go and everything you say will be confidential and your parents won't even find out. the psychologist will recommend you to go to a psychiatrist to get checked for depression but you don't even have to go

6. go anyways

sounds like u can use it

might just help u out, man

7. The psychologist will probably be like OH you're not crazy, if you aren't. So just don't act weird and shit.

I once saw a psychologist for like 10 min cuz of my mom, and he was like yeah, you don't need me, go home now.

8. You don't really know how much talking to somebody can help until you actually do it. Especially somebody trained. Go into it with a positive outlook and you'll get the best from it.

9. make sure to sing this song to the psychologist when you get there

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrF_K1w2haE&feature=related"]YouTube - The Toast Song[/ame]

10. just leave and go to a friends house or something for the day

11. if you go to anyone go to a psychiatrist, not a psychologist

12. Keep saying this during your appointment!

[​IMG]Be cool!

13. if your realy 18 you can just say no. if she threatens to cut you off then its up to you. either go or get a job.

14. Honestly though. Do not go in with an attitude, Be cool, calm and speak well. Dr's. are used to seeing good kids with overly concerned parents... keep this in mind.. Be cool

15. Yeah, just be normal and tell him the truth, you should be fine.

16. Even though it sucks, go. Sometimes those people are good at talking and help you figure shit out. If you look at it negatively it's going to suck. They are there to help you main. Cept don't take any meds they give you. They fucking suck and make your head hurt.