My mom is going f*cking insane

Discussion in 'General' started by smokeypokey123, May 1, 2009.

1. Once again i still live with my rents (im a senoir) I'm very close with both of them and last night my mom had a mental break down. My dad confronted her about it and she says she doesnt remember anything but shes "sad" This is where things start to go weird. My moms always been a very well manered, well dressed extremly likable person. She always looks good when she goes out (you know the whole make-up bit) Today she picked me up from school and she wasnt wearing any make-up and her eyes were watery. then RIGHT when she came home she proceded to watch the new movie "Twilight" 2 times in a row. she watched it 3 times yesterday. Shes going CRAZY i love my mom and I wanna help her but I dont know what to do. When she watches Twilight shes memmorized she wont listen to me or my 7 year old sister who has problems.

WTF is going on with her?

2. Dementia maybe? My buddy's mom got it in her 40's. That's what it sounds like. But I'm not a doctor so don't listen to me.

3. Talk to your dad about this, and tell him it best that your mom go away for a little while.
    just to get her headsorted out. either it be a holiday or what ever,

but if it gets worse! deppression etc, just google it and find the symtoms and go obverve yourself..

but if she gets deppressed then the best thing for her is to get to the doctors and they could get her in a mental hospital.

they will help alot! they will sort your mums head and she will be very greatfull. just beleive me man, i have been their and done that! just don't let be too late....

4. stresss is going on.

5. I wish it was that simple.

6. #6 terradactyl, May 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2009
    it is, imo.

shes worried about maybe ending her marriage, the movies probably an escape for her.

and there could be a bunch of other shit going on in her life, shes probably thinking about the marriage, worried about your sister, work might be extra stressful

7. she likes twilight?

8. #8 jack herra, May 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2009
    yea lets go to the doctor soo they can find something wrong with her,then put her on a bunch of meds an make the promblem 10 times worse

if its just some depression an mid life crisis shit she'll be fine just going threw a phase

9. You know whatever it is you have to get her to talk to somebody whether its you, your dad, or a doctor. The faster you figure out what the problem is the faster you can get it solved.

10. Dude, maybe she just likes Twilight.

:confused_2:

Or maybe it's menopause.

11. Give her a hug and kiss tomorrow and tell her that you love her.

Sounds corny, but that kind of shit really matters when someone is in the state your mom is in.

Good luck, man, and I hope everything works out.

12. Yeah, little things like that can help keep your mom rooted if she's spiraling. And she probably should see a psychiatrist. If it's depression she can probably get through it on her own eventually, but if it's something more serious she needs help.

13. yeah this sounds like a good option.

i don't know how your mom's view on smoking is or if you want to let her know you smoke...but maybe smoke her out?

14. Life can be tough man, I feel for ya. Your mom is probably going through a lot more than you'd guess. You should just do as the above posters said, and tell her you love her and appreciate her. It may be what keeps her from losing it. Good luck man.

15. Ding Ding Ding Ding!!!

Def sounds like it man, don't worry bout it Too much, should still go to a doc though, the mental hospital idea, that's a couple steps over the line.

Mental hospital is a LAST RESORT man, when nothing else (counseling and things of that nature) works.

Just let her know you're there for her and that you Love her!

16. Have her talk to a pyschologist at least....can't hurt, they aren't evil. In fact they are actual human beings and sometimes if a person just talks to another person they feel better.

PS: Not to make light of the situation, but this only goes to prove nothing good comes from watching Twilight.