my mom is a retard

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Vitamin 420, Mar 13, 2009.

1. #1 Vitamin 420, Mar 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2009
    Here's a little phone conversation that just happened between me and my mom (after some bullshit small-talk) :

Mom: So how is the Explorer driving?
    Me: It's not driving well. The tire is flat.
    Mom: What do you mean "the tire is flat" ?
    Me: The tire is flat.... it has no air....
    Mom: What do you mean? Go and fill it up
    Me: I did, three times yesterday. It has a leak...
    Mom: What do you mean? You need to maintain that car or you'll be taking the bus to work and school

Now at this point, I think it's fair to interject with a little more of a background story. My car was totaled (hit by a drunk driver :() not too long ago, so my parents decided to buy a new car for my mom. I ended up getting my dad's old Isuzu Trooper, but it has a broken transmission on it, every time it shifts into 4th the tranny clunks and feels like it's about to die, so my brother takes that car to school because he drives on the backroads where he can keep it in 3rd. I, however, drive on the freeway to get to school, so I need to take a car that works - and the only one is his Explorer. He's been driving it for 3 years, and I've been driving it for two weeks, but all of the sudden the maintenance responsibilities are all on me (not just the flat tire... everything that's wrong with it)

Me: Okay, how do you expect me to maintain a flat tire?
    Mom: Go and fill it up with air.
    Me: Okay, what do I do when it deflates again?
    Mom: What are you talking about?
    Me: The tire is FLAT. I can put air in it, but it'll come right back out again.
    Mom: ... okay.... what does that mean? You need to fix it or you won't be driving the car.

It's like talking to a fucking brick wall, how do you not understand what a flat tire is? Are you fucking serious? I don't think there's an easier sentence in the English language to understand than "the tire is flat", but she still doesn't get the meaning of that sentence.

I'm about to lose my fucking mind, it's like talking to a brick wall.

2. I think you're the retard. She means by fixing it that you need to buy a new tire dude ... Usually you fix a tire that is flat and has a hole in it ...

3. at least put a donut on it until you can buy a new one.

check the junk yard(if youre short on cash) or a tire shop

4. You should have told her that you need a NEW tire instead that you just have a flat

5. Well, my moms first language is not English...so i would say i know the feeling that you are having in a slightly different way.

Seems like she's just pulling that "i'm not changing how i say what i'm saying, because i want him to decipher it himself" thing that women do. Toke a bowla.

6. Dude, dont be mean to your mom. Let me give you a little advice, most middle aged women right now are STUPID.

Back during the 60's/70's women never needed to go to school because they could marry a man, and never work, just tend to the house and kids. Now a days, with the economy, women are getting more active in the work force. But anyway, your mom probably went to high school, and thats it.

Also, women dont know shit about cars, mechanics, or any complicated stuff... Your probably smarter than your mom, so remember that next time you ask her a question.

7. Man, give your mom a break. She definitely doesn't sound car-savvy, and I can understand why you would be annoyed, but remember, her and your dad are the ones supplying you with the car to use, she has every right to be ignorant without you getting hasty. Now if she's getting on your case about a car you paid for yourself, then that would be a different case, of her not minding her own business.

8. Go to Bell Tire, they can usually fix a leaky tire for $10.

9. That was a separate part of the conversation, she meant "fix" it as in "make it have air again". Anyways, why should I have to buy a new set of tires when my brother has been driving it every day for the past three years? I start driving it, and one-two weeks later, I get slammed with all of the maintenance requirements on it? I'm broke enough as it is.

Haha yeah, well, it wasn't so much as she didn't want to change what she was saying, she's just not very bright when it comes to these types of things. She didn't get it.

Hahahaha! Very true.

We're not from this country, see... my mom went to Universities in both Europe and America, and got a degree in financing and accounting. So she's not unintelligent, per se, but there's just some times where she really doesn't even need to try and have an opinion, because she has no clue what she's talking about. This is one of those times.

The car that I was paying off (MY car, technically) was totaled and, obviously, we immediately decided to get another car. The car was going to be for me, so I helped them look for certain makes and models that they approved of, and I gave them at least 30 different choices, all sorts of cars, and we were going to agree on one of them. All of the sudden, the next day, they're like "we decided to buy mom a new car. You get dad's old Trooper." And I'm trying to figure out what the fuck happened to the money I was paying the car off with? I didn't see a single penny back from the $9,000 check they got for the settlement. Nothing to help me out at all, plus I got a car with a broken transmission

10. quadruple post with responses... Success. +rep.

mind giving us the cure for aids?

11. Damn dude, it sounds like your parents worked you a bit. That last post definitely put things in perspective a bit. That's a real bum wrap that your parents just snagged the insurance money and threw an old busted up car at you. You know what though? Just do whatever it takes to keep the explorer running, as cheaply as possible. Just patch the tire up, like someone else said, for real cheap. Once the car returns to your parents, they can deal with THEIR problems on THEIR car.

12. #12 Madmike420, Mar 13, 2009
    That right there is fucked up! Your still a retard though cause your mom was telling you to fix the flat AKA buy a new tire. Why should you buy a new tire? Because like she said if not your going to be taking the bus!

PS did you buy the car that the drunk hit yourself or did your parents but it for you?

13. There is only one choice, you need to take her out.

I suggest slipping something in her drink.

14. someone sounds a just a lil misogynistic hmm?

15. Thanks :) As for the cure for AIDS, I can give you a hint: it's in my signature :p

My mom was telling me to fix the flat as in pumping it with air again - the part about me buying a new set of tires was a separate part of the conversation that I didn't want to include in the typing, but I think I should have now. I can see how that segment is confusing without the rest of the dialogue.

Well, my parents took the loan out and therefore they were the title holders, but that's only because my credit at the time was virtually non-existent, and I couldn't take a loan from the bank out by myself. They didn't want to co-sign with me on a loan (odd...) so they ended up taking a loan out in their names, and I paid them monthly. So they were the titleholders, and the check was cut out in their names - but I was the one making the payments, so whose money is that in reality? Yet they took the check and bought my mom a new car - one that I had picked out for myself, and I haven't even sat in it.

16. I don't get where your confusion is? You're the one driving the car, fix the fucking tire. It sounds like your brother is doing you a favor by driving the car with the broken transmission, why should he fix the tire for you?

You sound really entitled and spoiled.

• Like Like x 1
  17. #17 gnarkill, Mar 13, 2009
    my fuck up. didnt read the post. sorry bro. shitty 'rents, desperate times, desperate measures. its a recession, you know.

18. Mom....
    Yes?
    HAVE YOU BEEN SMOKIN DOPE???

19. My dad swapped our keys without telling me why, it's not like I had a choice. Why do I want to drive a car that's more broken than mine was? And, entitled and spoiled? :rolleyes: Not to sound like a dick, but read the rest of my posts, and then you'll see why this is such a huge problem.

Would you bitch at them if they stole thousands of dollars from you, and gave you a car that was broken so you could repair it for them?

20. #20 Indica Kid, Mar 13, 2009
    It always annoys me when people say that kids "owe" their parents. I treated my parents with respect when I lived with them and helped them around the house but let's face it.... They were the ones that chose to have kids, parenting is a responsibility they chose to take on, not a gift they give to the kids. Just because they raised you doesn't automatically mean they are untouchable, face it there are some ass hole parents out there. In this case his mom was acting like a retard, so you should just leave OP alone if you dont have anything good to say...

OP depending on how big of a leak this oughta fix ya up:

Attached Files: