Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My mom has cancer

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by 4Degrees, Nov 4, 2004.

1. My mom first got cancer three years ago.... breast cancer. She got over it alright... it was a rough trip, but its over with. A few months ago she was diagnosed with liver cancer. Its going to kill her, more than likely. Its not for certain how long she will last... maybe a year, maybe two... but its not good.

I wanted to talk about the possibility of talking to my mom about marijuana use to kill cancer cells. I will do all the research... pros and cons of using it and just about anything I can. I would like some peoples opinion and such about this. I am not saying I am going to talk to her about this, but the possibility.

I should talk a little about her first. She is a christian and goes to church regularly. I have been asked to join my parents in church (even though they know I am against it and the religion) for her sake. She can be manipulated, but I dont know how far that can go.... In other words, if I were to bring this marijuana use up to her in the right way with plenty of evidence, she might consider it.

Any thoughts, ideas or opinions?

2. Hey man, seriously sorry to hear about this. I would be devistated, I would suggest actuly telling her about medical marijuana, it will ease her pain and help somewhat with the cancer.. best of luck buddy!

3. I would say to tell her, she should have the rights to know about any possible treatments for her condition. Its bad enough out government hides this from us, we should not hide it from our loved ones. I would tell her about it with a strong recommondation. Give her the facts and let her decide. Dont get angry if she lashes out agianst it and denies it, its her right to choose her course of treatment, and if she truely believes its wrong, she should not use it.

Good luck man. Hope it works out for the best.

4. does smoking pot really help to kill cancer cells?

5. Thats been the belief for a long time.

6. I feel for you man. My mom is going through breast cancer right now, and it kills me to see her suffer after kemo. I want to bring it up to her, but if I do, she may find out that I smoke, which I try to not flaunt in front of her. Id say when your in dire straights like that, its worth it to bring it up. You will kill yourself more for not telling her, than telling her and getting yelled at. Then at least you know you tried.

7. K 4Degrees not to be rude or anthing, but I went down to my head shop and asked them about it, nad she said she knows all about it becuase she goes to the medical marijuana convention things all the time, and they said, all it does, is ease pain. Sorry, but she said it does not kill cancer cells, where did you hear they kill cancer cells from?

8. *good karma to your mom*

i would definatly suggest the idea for her. its not like its going to make it worse

9. No offence taken.
    I actually heard it from the post above this one (at the moment)... http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?t=34217
    :p

Even if it easies pain, it would help. She has been sick for the last few weeks because of the treatment.

What if I were to talk to a doctor about it? Maybe they would know a little about this.

10. Yes, talk to your doctor, and see if he would reccamend it to your mother...

11. im sorry to hear about your mother. I wish the best for her, you and your family. I encorage you to gain as much information and persent it to her. I think its a wonderful idea, I hope she will be able to take in and use everything you have to offer as much as the plant has to offer her. good luck, im pushing for you and your mom!