My marijuana legalization plan

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by killallclowns, Apr 25, 2011.

1. My Marijuana legalization Plan of Action
    As we all know marijuana legalization is a very hot topic. There are many facts and statements swirling around both for and against legalization, but what's missing are a clear plan on how to go about the legalization process. Firsts things first, marijuana legalization needs to be a choice left up to the states. The federal government should decriminalize marijuana on a federal level therefore leaving the individual states to make their own marijuana laws and regulations. But if this happens, what would we do with all the people who are currently in jail or on probation for marijuana related crimes? People who are serving there sentence for marijuana related offences would serve out there sentence. This will make some people angry, but the people who are currently in jail or on probation broke the law that was in place at that time so they must serve out their sentence. Well that is my plan for marijuana legalization. Please tell me what you think

2. cool plan bro.

3. Good luck, become a activist and maybe you stand a chance, or a politician or something...

4. That makes no sense. Federal decrim can allow federal officers to still arrest and/or fine people for marijuana possession/use/grow/distribution. This can interfere with how a state or local government may want to regulate marijuana.

It needs to be like alcohol, where it is legal federally and regulated by the states(and counties/cities). Local governments should be able to choose to sell or not sell(be dry), but not prohibit those 21+ from being able to posses or use marijuana in the privacy of their own home.

Anyone serving time for an activity now deemed legal, should be released and potentially have their convictions stricken from their records.

This for the most part will only effect people charged with possession/use. Those growing/distribution commercially without a license may face jail time/hefty fines.

5. Your plan is short sighted and there are alot of holes in it.
    Decriminalization is lame in that it tends be lenient on the user. You totally forgot about the supplier who is still going to get hit with a felony. And then theres the issue of all those fines that come from decriminalization. The government is still making money from the fines yet you're losing your weed in the process. Its a win win situation for them but what about us?

6. this i what i was trying to say but i cldnt figure out how to word it

7. Medical use is the most "palatable" to politicians and the public in general. Once medical use is legalized and accepted, recreational use will soon follow. It just takes the conservatives a bit to realize that the sky will NOT fall if cannabis is legalized.

I think "step one" should be to EDUCATE YOURSELF about medical use so you can be an intelligent spokesperson! Toward that end, please click that first link in my sig and just start reading!

Granny