Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

My lunch Hour

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Big Poppa Puff, Nov 19, 2001.

1. Just happened today, thought I would share with you guys.

I see a lot of remarks on this board about my tendency to get a wee bit smart-ass from time to time. Let me assure you gang that I don't save it for you, I share this with the world.

Today at lunch I ran to Wal Mart to pick up some junk that I need for the house, you know batteries, can of oil, etc. I notice a pretty blonde in a nurses outfit, walking through the store and holding hands with the nastiest looking redneck from Alabama. She sees me looking at her and gets this sly looking grin on her face and gets this cocky attitude to her. you know the attitude, similiar to " Yeah I'm 36 years old but I still can make heads turn to check me out!" Me on the other hand, I'm looking at her because she looks familiar, not because she is pretty.

Well a little later I'm in the music section of the store checking out the Aerosmith CDs because I'm taking the wife to their concert on December 1. I make my selection and head to the check out. Who do you suppose is standing there at the check-out? The blonde nurse and her redneck boyfriend. As I turn toward them, I notice that she has been checking me out and is still checking me out. I hesitate a bit in my movements, because they are standing there, and then it hits me. I know who she is.

Well, after I got startled a bit, she got this develish look on her face. Me, I got this smug look on my face. I nod to them and say hello. She says " hey!" (really chirpy) and the boyfriend grunts a "hey". She makes her purchase and asks her boyfriend to go find something for her on the other side of the store. After he gets out of site she approaches me with loving on her mind. As she twirls her hair with one finger she asks " You look very familiar. I know every good looking man in this town, so tell me where I know you from."

I replied " Your ex-husband Jeff put the siding on my house and you used to sit and talk to my wife while our boys played on the same T-Ball team together."

I'm afraid that she left the store a little bit embarrassed and her attitude in check.

2. *LOL* I've had that happen to me once or twice or etc......
    I know I was looking at this woman because i knew her from somewhere but couldn,t remember. Her husband come over and asked if i had a problem. I said I know your wife from somewhere and i just can't put my finger on it. He aksed his wife if she knew me and she said that she was my cousins daughter. I liked to have flipped out. Her husband still didn't like the way i was looking at her though.Oh well!

BPP nice to see you are still looking at the scenery. I hope the wife doesn't get the wrong idea!

Have a great day!

3. You got the wrong idea about me budhead. I walk through Wal Mart checking out the people like most people walk through a zoo checking out the animals.

4. I uderstand what you are saying now. The only differance between wa-mart and the zoo is--- at the zoo the animals have a fence to protect them from ya! At wal-mart their fair game!Hahahaha

5. I think it's funny how we all stare the girls down and drool over them. Then one of them turns out to be related to us then we try and take up for them! I have gotten myself in trouble a couple of times looking at good looking ladies only to find out they are relatives.

6. Now, that is something I can totally relate to.

7. I think we all resemble that remark.

Oh by the way stonygurl, you are looking good this evening!

8. Why, thank'ya for noticing, Bud Head!

9. No unoit I haven't been to the Doc to see about the snip yet. I want to wait till I get my firewood cut for the season and I don't have any projects going on. The surgery should lay you up for a couple of days and make you tender for the next week. I just need to wait till college basketball season is in full swing so there will be something on TV to watch.