My London Riots Experience.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by 420stonedpanda, Aug 12, 2011.

1. #41 420stonedpanda, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2011
    You're a fucking idiot, EVERYONE involved is scum, and everyone who advocates it is the same.

What the fuck have 'you people' taken, subsidised council housing, free health care, etc, you don't know how fucking lucky you are to live in such a nice place where you don't need to worry about food and can protest a legitimate political cause with your government calling tanks on you, like is happening in Syria right now.

If you're looking to point the finger look at the 12 years of New Labour or whatever it was. Not 2 years of the Coalition.

No need for name-calling, dude. -JD

2. chill your ass down, are you trying to say that it isnt possible to have a bad time living in london because its a 1st world country with healthcare, housing and education?

3. Well you are kinda better off than Ethiopia.......

4. #44 Toosick, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Did you ever think that the government should recognize the people are upset and reach out to them and see what they want to be done?

5. hard living still exists :(
    and whilst its better than most the world the new measures which the tories introduced definitely upset a shit load of people

6. #46 420stonedpanda, Aug 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2011
    So people are upset and decide to go out and destroy the communities that they live in and ruin peoples lives who are in just as bad a situation as anyone.

Oh, and they're angry so they go out and kill 5 people. If it was a political protest, go to parliament square, fucking participate in our democracy, and place your arguments in a coherent, rational manner instead of ripping apart communities.

And enlightenment me as to what you're upset about. You all have food, you all have shelter of some sort, you live in a place where you have all the basic human rights, we have an excellent benefits system (in my opinion) which is FAR too generous to people who are totally underserving, we have a wonderful FREE healthcare system. What could possibly make people angry enough to destroy 4 cities?

There is no way to justify the violence, if you're unhappy, follow the course that 95% of people follow and protest peacefully, although none of the riots were a political protest, just opportunistic looting and a decent night out.

I wish the police had started shooting, anyone associated with, or supporting the riots doesn't deserve all the privileges you're granted in this country.

I'm assuming you're talking about the economic cuts.
    What do you suggest? Don't cut anything? That's literally not possible, if we do we'll just put our economy further into the shit, the world economy is in crisis and we have to make cuts and sacrifices.
    Even if you wanna place that argument, EMA hasn't been cut yet, and the arts and culture have taken as big a hit as anyone and they aren't going out and fucking shit up indiscriminately.
    Or you'd cut the police and armed forces further? You have all these problems but no solutions.

And all the guys I hear moaning about having 'nothing to do because youth centres are closing' are totally full of shit. Nowadays kids have everything, videogames, television, and if you're one of the very few who can't afford such commodities here, and people 30 years ago had less to do than you now and it didn't give them an excuse to fuck shit up.
    If you're a bored kid, go read a book, go play football, go back to school, go to university, fucking better yourself instead of wasting your life on an estate, being supported by decent tax payers.

And don't blame the Tories for our society's misgivings, blame New Labour.

And no, but i'm saying it's impossible to have a bad enough time here that you'd want to kill 5 people to get your point across and destroy peoples whole livelihoods.
    Look at Syria, same situation (if your point of view is to be believed, which it shouldn't), people are unhappy with their government, even though they're getting shot at and killed by the Syrian army and having tanks and helicopters attack them, they still protest without feeling the need to randomly destroy buildings, so what gives you the excuse to use violence.

7. I will agree with you on one thing , rioters should not be ruining neighborhoods and looting , they should be destroying government buildings.

As for the first bolded , peaceful protest doesn't do shit. I dont know about how it is in europe but here in America its about time for some violent revolution.

For the second bolded , refer to the above two comments

8. I agree fully, your talking like im out there tearing down the city. My point is, even if people are being ungrateful, they were still unhappy, this dissatisfaction was released when the people had a chance, coincidently with the death of a gangster.

9. Fucking hell people saying shoot the rioters are a joke worse than the people rioting. How can you justify shooting people because they smashed/burnt things.

10. the gun laws in the US are why we don't have week long strings of rioting. any shop owner or proprietor with half a brain has a firearm on site and any rioters who come along are quickly put of the idea of messing with them. i feel bad for england, their government should seriously reconsider firearms policy after this fiasco.

11. Because they threw bricks at Police officers for 5 days solid and killed 5 people...

12. So that justifys killing the people responsible for the murders rather than shooting many people. Throwing bricks at police officers is only as wrong as throwing bricks at any citizen.
    And the police whilst having to put up with a lot of shit are no saints i've watched a video of a few kids riding bikes when riot police come round the corner the majority ride away apart from one who looks to be getting off his bike and giving up only to be beaten by the first officer with his baton.

13. saw that vid too...

i too agree it's time for a revolution in America.

14. #54 livelaughlearn, Aug 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2011
    Smh at our generation..
    Circle of violence

An eye for an eye makes the world go blind

15. If Someone told me about 20-30 armed criminals attacked and robbed him, I would find a few rednecks and get some automatics and open fire at them, shoot their feet/legs so their just helplessly on the ground, demobilized.

Nah, probly not, but I think anyone who carries a gun is a coward, aswell as knives or any other weapon unless it's for self protection. But odds are, if someones robbing you and you pull a knife, your dead. Especially if your outnumbered.

Was there no other way home? If I saw that crowd I'd post up somewhere or find another way back to my house.

16. Sorry to hear about your unfortunate walk home. :(

17. The 2005 riots in France started when 2 teens died hiding in an electrical panel after being chased by police after committing a robbery...
    There's just tensions in those areas, so run in's with the law like that are good excuses to start riots. (not that i agree)

I've been mugged by that kind of people, so I feel you OP. Must have been scary being encircled by 20 guys though.

18. Where's Michael Caine when we need him? :smoke:

19. #59 Nichevo, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2011
    Prepare for increased taxes.

My brother told me there were two buses burning right on his street; that's about £50,000 a bus that everyone is going to have to pay for, not to mention everything else that was destroyed.

EDIT: I'm hoping someone will get the 'Harry Brown' reference in my previous post :smoke:

20. The majority of youths living on the estates in london have always been mugging people, stealing from shops and burning places down, whats new? :confused:

It was the start of a revolution that very quickly ended