My Logical Big Bang Theory (sorry had to do it)

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Tyro01, Nov 3, 2009.

1. So the question constantly asked is where did everything come from. Well ladies and gents i have an idea, on just that. So you know gravity right constantly pulling things together. Well say eventually gravity pulled everything to a sub atomic point. All the mass of your universe smaller than an atom. Eventually all this energy and mass together causes a giant explosion, what we know as the big bang. This explosion causes the redistribution of mass and energy and creates a new universe. This universe then expands and goes through its normal universe life cycle before expansion stops and gravity pulls everything back together to a sub atomic point where it re-explodes and becomes a new universe. This has happened forever and there is/was/will has never started and will never stop, simply runs infinitely in all directions of time.

2. I think your hypothesis is plausible. I guess that's all I have to say. It doesn't contradict anything science currently has to say about reality unlike most armchair theories, a plus.

3. im always open to new theories... kinda reminds me of this.[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veXRCX-8PEg&feature=fvwwhat]YouTube - The Uniplanetary Evolution Theory[/ame] if, in the midst of ALL things, all off this phenomina was a very small part of something?

4. Why would all that energy and mass cause a huge explosion? If gravity was so strong that it could compact the entire universe into a singularity it would be something called a black hole. My theory on the big bang is, it is just a black hole. The big bang started from a singularity, and a black hole turns everything into a singularity. When a black hole is formed it creates a white hole in another dimension. Thats just my idea though, is it probable? No, but it makes sense to me, then again who am I.

5. This is actually not the first time someone has stated this hypothesis. Collapsing periods and expanding periods for the universe.

It still leave a question however... What about space and time? Space isn't made out of matter, so how did the space required to hold all of the matter come to be? When did time start? Did it start?

6. The universe is expanding at an accelerating rate, so your theory seems unlikely.

7. He states that the Universe is cyclic , meaning there is no beginning because there will be no end.
    Therefore with OP's theory in mind , time would had to have always been there. If time had a beginning , it would need an end. Most talk about the end of time as no life , or matter , or energy or whatever - wrong. It's the complete absence of time. Why and when would time suddenly just cease to exist ?
    If you can't answer that , then the idea of a beginning of time is irrational.

8. I guess you didn't notice the last question dangling on my post which was, "Did it start?"

I'm not asserting that time has a beginning or an end, but these things still need to be accounted for in a scientific theory.

Also, Dopethroned brings up a good point. Space and matter occupying space move fast. We can tell when and at what speeds things are moving towards/away from us by measuring their red/blue shift. Sometimes it is very fast, vvveeerrryyy fast.

Time is something interesting to think about in this dilemma, too. When we look at the stars, we are looking back in time. Light from hundreds, thousands, millions of light years away takes hundreds, thousands, millions of years to get to us. So why when we look 13-14 billion light years away we don't see the big bang? The expansion of space and the matter within it moved faster than light at the beginning of the universe.

Has anyone here read Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time?

He actually talks about this theory, and that during the collapsing phase time may actually flow backwards. Time is not linear, however some other things relating to time are. Matter always goes from a highly ordered point to a highly disordered point. That is why you see a glass fall and shatter, but never see a glass reassemble itself.

9. you just blew my mind. i am going to go buy that book, tomorrow. thank you for that.

10. Where did the singularity that contained EVERYTHING in the universe...come from?

11. @OP

You know your original theory assumes that gravity existed before everything?
    How could gravity exist if it had nothing to pull or push on? :smoking:

12. Its just there remember?

Seriously though, even if we do discover how OUR universe came to be, I dont believe it will answer anything, i just think it will raise a bigger question.

13. Ahh... science...

Some people don't even think gravity is a "real force." Perhaps a force leaking from another universe. It doesn't act like any of the other three forces in our universe, and is actually the weakest.

Does anyone here know anything about the multiverse and the theories pertaining to it?

14. This is called the Big Crunch

15. What if time is relative to the expansion and collapse of the universe?

16. Depends on how the space of the universe expands and contracts

17. Depends on how the space of the universe expands and contracts

18. this is a decent theory and its good that you were able to think about it on your own, but it is not original. others have posed the same theory, in much more precise, specific, and complete manor.

i dont really know who said it first or what the name of it is... but ive come across it a few times.

19. anything is logical in a world of no ultimate understanding

20. Isn't that like the Big Crunch Theory?