My little ole veg room

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kenny357, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Well I've been hanging around on here for a couple of years, learning and reading as much as I could. Through the years, I've helped on other grows and vegged some of my own plants. I never made it to flower with my own till now. I now live in a legal state and have my rec so I don't plan to be buying my "medicine" anymore. lol My main inspirations are briwes911 and SG1. Thanks for all the helpful information. I know I didn't ask a lot of questions but that's only because I did a lot of reading! lol It ain't that damn hard to grow "weeds"! Here's the video!

Little ole veg room - YouTube

2. here ya go man

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zife8YfKIlk]Little ole veg room - YouTube[/ame]

3. #3 kenny357, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2012
    Little update here. Here is the Blue Dream on the left and White Widow on the right. The WW seems to have bounced back from the little light catastrophe quite well. They are both scheduled to get kicked out this Saturday. They will be going into SIPs in the GH.
    [​IMG]

Top of the White Widow. I fimmed her and the BD once.
    [​IMG]

Top of the Blue Dream.
    [​IMG]

Here's one of my "runt". This plant would have been scrapped if I didn't have room. It was started at the same time as the other and took forever to start moving. She's really taking off now so I'm glad I held on to her.
    [​IMG]

Just a few shots of seedlings and clones.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The next are some shots of the SIP experiment. I didn't want to go through the hassle of the SIPs if it wasn't worth it so I made these. Besides, I'm slightly spatially challenged so I need to be able to transplant. These work awesome for this size. I am working on one for the next step up and when they get kicked they will go into 5 gallon SIPs. These seedlings were transplanted on Friday and all but one already have roots showing at the bottom.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This was my test subject. She is a clone on day 23 since cut. It took 6 days for the roots to take over the SOLO cup and start shooting out the bottom. I transplanted at day 8 and immediately started training. I am just starting to mess with training.
    [​IMG]

4. Nice room set up man! Wish i had some of that Reflective material. But i have 4 of those Reflective hoods for my CFLs, Works pretty great. Started with 2 common house lamps haha was too funny.

5. Thanks! I started with the 2 shop lights that I'm still using.

6. In the garden today I did a little more training with the White Widow and the Blue Dream. I broke one of the Blue Dream branches and cloned it. I don't think it's a big loss as it just looks like it'll open up space for another branch. The White Widow doesn't seem to be as brittle but I still have to take care not to snap a branch. They are ready for flower, I'm just trying to stick to schedule as best as possible. At this point I'm not sure if I'll have 2 ready in 2 more weeks anyways. The sun is getting better and I may have to adjust my numbers. I have decided to train the plants into 42" tomato cages to try to keep them size appropriate. I don't think that topping and fimming need to be done more than once if at all. I think if I focus my efforts on training them in circles around the tomato cages, that will be all that's necessary.
    The seedlings in their SIPs are doing amazing! They are on day five since transplant and all have roots growing out of their cups! I'm going to go all out with SIPs so that I can focus my efforts on organic pest reduction/elimination and disease control in a greenhouse.

7. wow! this is not a beginner setup!

8. I'm going to take that as a compliment! lol The mods are welcome to move it if they see fit. I really don't know how far I'll take the thread. I figure at least follow the 2 through flower on here. I began this in mid September as my first solo. I've done a lot of studying and have helped out some folks here and there through the years but never developed my own technique or got too deep. I like to experiment and try different things. The only things I will try to stick to is organic and soil.

9. Sup dood.
    Can we get some flower pics.

10. that cup sip idea worked? its like a ghetto aeroponic system. i may try and grow my seedlings that way. think theyll develop their root system faster that way?

11. I'll take some in the morning. I just closed up the tent for the night. I'll explain that too. lol

12. It worked so good I had to throw out half of the ones I tried it with because they flippin exploded and I don't have room for them. It almost makes me cry every time I have to do that! Every solo SIP I did had roots through the bottom of the cup in 7-8 days. Some of them I drilled all the way up the side for better aeration and they seemed to fill the cups out a little faster. I think I used all those cups for wicks but if I have one left or a pic, I'll throw it up with an update tomorrow. It's been kind of a mess around here. I had to move out of my GH and get my ladies under some more light.

13. if i were to do sip with my seedlings, how do i remove the wick without messing up the roots or soil?

14. I didn't have that problem with the solos because they are so pliable you can really loosen them up before transplant. The wick will drop when you pull it out. Just put about an inch above the knot is all you need and drop as much wick into the res as you like. I pulled them just slightly long to make sure they would get all the water because you have to water them daily. I've been thinking about drilling holes in the bottom of the res and setting them inside a wider res so I don't have to water so much.

15. wait, how deep does the wick go into the soil? does it just sit under the soil?

16. Yeah, it just barely goes in the soil. It doesn't take much to wick a solo cup. So far mine have all dropped out or stayed with the cup. I've only experimented with about 8 or so and some have been in solo sips for a while now. Got a little ahead of myself.

17. sweet! my soil has a wetting agent, so i think it may work. do you water the soil once at all, or do you just let it whick? im gonna be doing it from seed.

18. #18 kenny357, Jan 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2013
    So here we go with the update. I harvested 10 plants out of the GH for a wopping 3-4 zips so I decided to move it inside and put a light on them. I got around my bug issues I had, got the temps right and my plants were healthy as could be, just not enough light. I went to the LHS for some supplies and looked at the prefab tents they had and just couldn't bring myself to spend the coin. Those frames are so cheaply thrown together that I know in no time I would manage to fuck that up so I threw this together for a wait for it wopping $45 in way less time than it would have taken me to set up that thing out of a box. 2 hours for supplies and build. That made it way easier to buy a 1000 watt set up to go in there! ;) The first pics are of the vegging plants and some clones. The Biddy Early in the solos are probably going to get flowered in solos just so I don't have to throw them out. My plan for the next grow is to LST the heck out of the 2 Blue Dream and White Widows in the pics and just run 4 in the tent. The second plant pics are of my Biddy Early (another deciding factor in moving indoors). She's only got a little over a week left and has only been under a light for a week now. I'm still going to take a loss on her but she has fattened up quite a bit in the last week. Next up is the Blue Dream. She is on day 40 in flower. Not much to add about her, just looking forward to seeing her fatten up a bit more. Next is the White Widow. She is loving the new light and also on day 40. I doubt I will get the potential out of either of these because they spent there first 4 weeks of flower in the GH. The White Widow behind that one is the runt and only spent 2 weeks in the GH so we should see some good buds out of her. Not much of a runt anymore. The other 4 down lower are Chemdawg, Blue Dream, White Widow and Blue Dream. If they save me enough room, that's where the other 2 Blue Dreams will go. Otherwise hopefully I'll have some sun and can throw them outside. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. wow, youve got some monsters!

that one plant grew that big in a solo cup? maybe i dont need to transplant if im doing 12/12 from seed?

20. I've done it both ways and either works fine. I'm a top feeder soon to be going totally organic so I don't have to worry about additives to my water and dirtying up my SIP res.