My little month 1/2 old stressed out babies

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by magillon, Mar 14, 2007.

1. first of i started on the forum with this thread

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/137210-first-grow-guys-girls-kind.html

and thought well i better get this into the sick plants section

rought story is i germinated 6 white widow seeds and 6 grapefruit seeds

planted after taproot had under fluro tubes in a propogator for just over 3 weeks they stretched so took the lid off got a fan on them still with the fluros under them i decided the soil was unhealthy (barky and had nutes) so repotted in nute free soil from 6* quality soil.

they are now nearly a month and a half old and i have them under my 400watt HPS blue and red spectrum bulb. i also have the fan blowing on them constantly.

i was water them with tap water which was a high PH now got a ph meter and watering them with 6.5 and the runoff i have tested once on one plant and was 6.8 which i prosume is acceptable

well heres some picks let me know what my problem is if it can be diagnosed

DSCF0224 (Large).JPG

DSCF0226 (Large).JPG

DSCF0233 (Large).JPG

DSCF0234 (Large).JPG

DSCF0235 (Large).JPG

2. I'm sorry but the high ph might have killed them. (Quick lesson) When the ph is off the plants have a hard time feeding. What happened to your plants is they got stunted from lack of the right elements. Some of them might rebound in a month if conditions are right. These are just my opinions from what you told me.

3. i dunno what your feeding them man .... but it looks like it might of been fed too much nutrients too soon .... i would have my e.c no higher than 0.6 at such an early stage ...

4. ive not been feeding them apart from water the ph was off for the first month but for the past few weekes ive been watering them with the right ph maybe i should give thema feed c if they pick i was frightened to feed them incase it was to much for them ?

i have `Earth Juice` nutes should i give them a weak feed of the GROW nutes and see if that helps them pick up ?

or is it just to l8 for them i have 8 cuttings i`m getting of my m8 at the wekend to stick in there beside them they are a good few inches tall so are nice and healthy i just dont want to throw these ones out so will grow them beside the cuttings you never know they might pick up :) heres hoping :)

cheers for the info then guys ah well its all a learning curve just pissed of ppl with less equiptment than i have can grow a great 1st grow good on you guys :)

5. i would listen to white, helped me with my first grow a couple days ago as well. I was underfeeding my plant. She seems to be doing much better now, with better color and growth =) These plants seem severely stunted in comparison to the 1 plant i have seen grow (and im shure mine was stunted as well from my lack of knowlege) focus on those clippings!

6. if u have never feed these plants its got to be ur dirt. it must have had nutes already in it. u should have tryed a flush way back. they look like their bouncing bak now tho shoult try to lst, make the most out of a bad situation