my lights

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by evan0437, Nov 17, 2008.

1. hey i just got 150 watt cfls do you think i need to upgrade im germinating seeds right now how long can i last on 150 watts

2. You have a single 150W CFL? Or you have several CFL's totalling 150W?

Is the 150W the equivalent wattage, or ACTUAl wattage? Daylight or Soft White?

:bongin: ~Experimentalist

3. its the watt equivalent i have only one for right now im only growing one plant right now and its soft light

4. Ok well you will want to get the daylight CFL for vegging.. You can last on that
    for a short while but you are just shooting yourself in the foot really. The
    more wattage / lumens the better.. Remember to keep the light as close
    as you can to your plant without burning it, and add more as soon as you can.

You are going to want to have at least 100W of ACTUAL wattage on your
    plant within a few weeks time.

You will want to switch it over to those soft white bulbs when you go to 12/12
    lighting to force flowering.

Keep the questions coming man.. We've all been there and we're all here
    to help!!

5. thanks well its my first ever grow i basically just took some bagseed and started germinating seeds im just gonna grow one plant to start then probably order some good seeds what do u think for just one plant is one light ok i will get another that other cfl light i need though

6. Well congrats on making the decision to grow.. We've all been beginners at one
    point or another and I can remember those first days.. :)

There is no way you are going to grow even a single plant to maturity with only
    a single CFL bulb. Not any plant worthwhile anyways. You are going to want
    at least four of those CFL's on your plant in about two weeks, maybe three at
    most.

Nothing wrong with growing bagseed.. I've grown some great shit from seeds found
    in a bag.

7. the great thing about CFLs is that they are modular. Keep your one light going for now, and add to it as soon as possible. I've found that the 6500K color spectrum bulbs work great for vegging.

I read alot about people switching the spectrum of bulbs for flowering, but my first CFL grow, i didn't take any of the old vegging spectrum bulbs out of the box, instead I just added a few warm whites to what I already had. I figured that the 6500K bulbs I had already produced red light along with the blue, so they should stay in as the blue light doesn't hurt the plant during flowering, correct me if I'm wrong of course because as far as I know mj plants will use blue light thru out their life.

Check out my grow journal for my CFL setup. It's not a complete journal (no pics of end result unfortunatly), and that journal was from a long time ago. I can't remember what the yield of it was, but I do remember that the bud tasted exactly like juicy fruit gum. Delicious. And yes, it was bagseed.

8. ight kl damn means i gotta make more money haha o well wheres a good local store to buy lights from?

9. I get four 23W (100W Equiv) CFL bulbs at Lowes for $8.00.

10. kl i can get them after school tommrow lowes is down the street from me sick