My letter to the DEA

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by megranatepo, Mar 19, 2009.

1. #1 megranatepo, Mar 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2009
    So, after just finding video of a grenade attack that happened in Mexico during a celebration I had attended a few years ago, I was upset and felt like writing a letter to the DEA. I'll probably send it a few other places. I thought I would post it here, feel free to use it if you feel like it.

I am writing this letter as a plea to make a change in US drug policy. So many people are dying.

What we are doing now, our war on drugs has failed. It's over.

It really hit me just now when I heard about a grenade attack that happened during an independence day celebration in Morelia, Mexico as retaliation for tightened drug policies. I lived there as part of a study abroad program and went to that festival a few years ago. I'm sure there were other American students there this year when the attack happened.

Can't you see that the war on drugs and the illegal nature of drugs causes so much disaster and pain when you put their control into the hands of CRIMINALS? I know plenty of people who use drugs recreationally and in moderation, and they aren't KILLING ANYONE. Drug cartels are. DEA agents are. How is it right to do this to us?

I'm ashamed, and everyone else should be that we could be so blinded and stubborn that we have allowed this to go on as long as it has.

Please, value human life. Don't discard this message. Please help us move towards a safer America and a safer WORLD by ending the war on drugs.

Cordially yours,

2. Doesn't sound professional enough, so sorry, I don't think they're going to read it. It sounds like what every one of us would send as an impulsive message to someone. Not saying what you wrote isn't true, it is - and people really need to realize the truth! But you have convince them subtly. Start the message off sounding like someone who's about to discuss a completely different issue, and then move into the topic of marijuana. And don't use all-capped words.

3. You're being very desperate. It's a good letter though, but I doubt they would listen.

4. Nobody in the DEA is gonna try to stop the war on drugs, even if they agree with you it's their job at stake. A DEA agent would have to strongly desire to be a martyr if he was to actually put any effort into legalization

5. It's true, it is not very professional, and it does sound a bit desperate, but sometimes I think people can be moved by their emotions more than their intellect. Meh, who knows, maybe it will plant a seed in the mind of whoever reads it, maybe they will laugh about it at a Christmas party. I just wanted them to hear how I felt :/

6. The DEA people are never going to be for it because that means potentially losing their jobs. You are sending it to the wrong people.

7. This is the DEA. Unrelenting apathy is a prerequisite for joining.

btw, its 'CRIMINALS?' not 'CRIMINALS.'

8. OK, I sent a slightly modified version to my states house of reps....It might actually make it through someones skull this way :/

9. I thought it was a good letter . But as others have stated , the DEA will not listen . If they were to admit that the drug war is a failure , they would also have to admit that all of their "hard work" has meant nothing . And being that the majority of them are probably a bunch of "tough-guys" with huge egos , they would never admit to such a thing .

Good letter though , you have it right . Those asshole don't give a damn though . They think they are modern-day crusaiders , and they feel that they are actually helping society ... but we all know that's bullshit .

They supposibly want to help the kids , and then they imprison the kids ... ahh , logic at its best .

10. Why can't they just do anti-meth commercials? Or Adderall/amphetamine and Concerta/cocaine abuse commercials? O wait! The lovely pharmaceuticals would bitch about it, so lets focus on things that have never killed people, starting with the most harmless and most popular.

I'll eat a dozen of marijuana+lsd+shroom combo magic brownies while taking bong hits of salvia and drinking it all down with a peyote smoothie the day that I see the government sponsor tv time for a commercial to prevent adderall/concerta/ritalin/oxycontin/sleep medicine/cough syrup abuse.
    Srsly

11. Not a bad letter. Put some bigger words in there and some better sentence structure and it will be good.

Besides, it's not going to influence anything...

I strongly advise you to go in and kill the drug czar and a couple other people while your're at it. Make a statement that will be heard. For some reason they are too retarded to listen to common sense and peaceful people who want freedom...

12. Kill a DEA agent (high ranking) and carve a MJ leaf on him...

they'll either start targeting weed again or other drugs....

or better yet kill him and carve some other drug...

sneaky eh?

ok on topic: letter was kinda good... if it was part of a speech it would fit better. When writing a letter intelligence > emotion

13. Yeah the DEA is full of faggots and I doubt they would read it.