my leaves r curling

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bigboycm101, Nov 9, 2010.

1. i have a prob my leaves r curling. i am using a mh 600w and the plants r 2 weeks old. i am using distilled water and no nutes yet. is my light to powerful for these plants so young. should i go with sum florus or cfls for a couple weeks? also i am running the light 24 hours. ive read that the plants need sum rest should i do a 20/4 or is the 24 ok? thanks for any help given much aprecatied!!!!!

2. Yeah Im assuming you have that 600w a little to close. Pics would help confirm a few things. However at 2 weeks I would also start introducing some 1/4 strength nutes to your plants.

Also you can leave that lights on 24/7. 20/4 (is what i do), or even 18/6. Marijuana plants dont need "rest" so it really depends on what you wanna spend on your electric bill.

Hope this helps

3. What's the PH of your feed (water)?

How often do you feed (water)?

What are the min and max temps of your grow area?

4. Like above said. Light might be a little too close.

5. Yeah, it sounds like your light is way too powerful for your baby plants. You need to move the light away from the plants a bit. Let the little plants grow in moderate conditions - not too hot and not too cold.

A 600 watt light system should be started 4 to 5 feet above the tops of the plants, then slowly moved closer and closer to the plants as they grow, one inch at a time.

As for the light cycles, I would go 24 for now because you don't want to trigger any flowering or suspend the growing process. Give these plants as much light as possible.

Other than that, I would just say to try some Advanced Nutrients once your plants are ready for nutes. Right now, you seem to be thinking of the right things and you'll be fine if you can just get this light thing under control.

6. wow 4 to 5 feet away i didnt think it had to b so far away. i cant figure out how to upload pics. and my water is distilled so the ph should b 0 rite? and i aprecate all the advice it looks like it ite b maken a recovery actually. i will still raise the ligh up atleast another foot. i was just trying to control stretching

7. actually, neutral pH is around 7, but optimal pH for hydro grow is 5.8-6.3. you'll need to adjust it or you'll end up hurting the plants. and fluro's work great for vegging a plant, but the MH will work, you just can't have em to close to it, or they'll burn, especially at a young age. the closest it should ever be even when they are older is 12-15"