My leaves are curling

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by scrag, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Hello I`am a first time grower and i have a quick questiuon regarding a concern with my plants. I have them on 24 hour light under a 600w HPS. They are a week away from going on a 12 hour cycle. I have been watering every other day with a mix of 10 litres of water to 15ml of a formula called a&b. My leaves have started to curl but otherwise seem to be very healthy. My room temp is 25c with a hunmidity of 54%. I was wondering if anyone may have an idea as to what is causing my plants leaves to curl? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. yea- noone seems to want to respond to our sick plant q's today-- so i'll try to help- how close are your plants to the light? it could be that they're too close-- and whatr the temps in there?

3. the plants are about a foot away from the light and the temp variaes inbetween 21 and 27 degrees celcious.

4. your temps are fine- just make sure u keep a fan blowing on them-- a foot away could be the problem- I'd say move them to 20 inches away for now- because with the 400w its supposed to be 18 inches away, so with 600w, I'd say 20 until they recover, then with the proper ventilation you can get them closer after a few days to a week. Thats usually been the problem with the leaf curling- they're burning a bit- what ferts are u using and how often?

5. too much ferts....!?

6. I`am using DNf`s a&b grow formula.

7. whats the N-P-K analysis, how often are u using it, at what strength and is it chemical or organic?

8. The nutrient NPK is 2-0-2 for the a mix and 0-1-3 for the b mix. Iam mixing it at 15ml for the a&b to 10 litres of water. It is not an organic mix, and i have been giving 355ml of the mix to the plants every second day.

9. sounds pretty good actually-- not too much-- try backing off the light- it should help and in a week if not, check out this link- it helps me a lot and will tell you all the problems and solutions- so check it out now anyway-- sorry I couldn't give u an exact answer but this link is amazing and should help http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688

10. Thanks very much for your help is is greatly appreciated.

11. It doesn't look like nutrient burning to me, The leaves would be showing yellow spots or turning yellow on the tips.
    It looks alot like the light problem ! as the other said, move it away a bit.
    Good luck , let us know how you get on.

12. would it be a bad idea to switch the room to an 18 an hour light schedule so that the plants can have a bit of a break before i change to a 12 hour cycle? Or would this mess up thier vegative state?