my kid is smoking pot... wtf?

Discussion in 'General' started by untamedlion33, Oct 22, 2011.

1. #61 GaiaGuy, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2011
    There are far better activities your son could pursue to instil in you a sense of fatherly pride. As a parent, you should help nurture and cultivate those aspirations as much as you are able. IMO, recreationally smoking marijuana at his age should not be one of them.

The fact that he seems incapable of keeping his activities a secret suggests that he does not yet fully grasp the possible ramifications. You should be very grateful that the teacher suggested therapy to you, instead of directly phoning the police. Even if the suggestion for therapy was not directly related to his use of marijuana, understand that school administrators are typically pretty good at knowing who is who and what is what.

If your son tells ‘every Tom, Dick and Harry’ then know that every teacher, guidance counsellor, and school security knows it too. If not for you sons sake, than consider what he might eventually drag home with him. Wouldn’t it be something if the police brought him home, only to smell marijuana on you?

People have been busted far worse with far less.

I would not suggest you tell him you are cool with his use, or that you use (if he does not already know). Be assured that he will take either as permission, and will most likely want to tell people what a ‘cool dad’ he has. Again, this will eventually find its way back to you.

In my opinion, the best you could do for your son would be to refocus his interests. Does he have any outside of marijuana? Surely there must be something. When was the last time you actively tried to engage him?

Martial arts, archery, biking, sports (participating or observing), go-cart racing, joining a gym; all are great extracurricular activities you can share.

I highly recommend the gym or any physical sports. If he seems hesitant, quietly tell him (man-to-man) that right now he is a gangly half-finished manling, but with some effort he can develop a good physique and be a big hit with the ladies in just a few short years. Or he can keep smoking up with his pimple-faced friends and get fat on Doritos.

If his grades are slipping, perhaps a good afterschool program would help at a qualified learning center.

The point is, your son needs a firm hand to guide him back onto the right track, or these formative years will set the tone for the rest of his life.

How proud of him will you be when he is 20 and doing the same damn thing?

Marijuana will always be there, but these years are fast and fleeting. Don’t let them slip away without a fight.

You have one of the most important jobs on earth. You are a father.

Peace.

2. So you just spat everything out from "personal experience " ?

yeah i totally have no idea what im talking about.

shit.
    If you think its all bullshit then go ahead prove me wrong.

Go grab a hundred kids in junior high and make them smoke everyday, see where their GPA goes.
    You're naive to think marijuana doesn't effect a young growing brain.

Naive and ignorant.

3. Stick to weed, lay off the crack. I have many friends that smoked everyday with me in junior high/high school and we are all doing just fine, thanks for asking. If marijuana hurt young brains then I'm pretty sure mother's milk would not contain anandamide and our bodies would not naturally produce it. For those of you who don't know, our bodies have an Endocannabinoid system that works off of chemicals our body produces that are nearly identical to ones in cannabis. Anandamide is the equivalent of THC and it is present in mother's milk...that is why breast fed babies are generally more healthy than others. Maybe you should complain to your mom SuperSilverHaze.

4. nah, i'd go with my backhand to the mouth method

5. hit the lil ngga wit a freeze pop